I ran a 5k in (a personal) record time!

Options
This weekend I ran a 5k and crossed the finish line at 26 minutes 48 seconds, a personal best for me, averaging about an 8 1/2 minute mile. I'd say that's pretty awesome for a 29 year old female who's had 6 knee surgeries and has an unrepairable torn ACL. I've decided to put a 10k on my bucket list for 2011 which I've already entered and will be running on August 27th!

Enjoy a photo from the event!

I am on the right.

[ img ]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/199563_10150132686724860_678049859_6443340_7450399_n.jpg[ /img ]

Replies

• hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    Options
    Great job Hun!!! That is an AMAZING time! Well done! =)
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Great job! I ran my first 5K this weekend. That's a great time! Good luck on your 10K! I'm running Warrior Dash next weekend, should be fun.
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's an awesome time, too! Six knee surgeries! -- I'm surprised you're able to run at all. Awesome job!!!
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well done,

Ive been really enjoying my running latley too. You got some good times there :):happy: :happy: :happy:
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is a fantastic time!! I'm still working on running one in under 30 minutes...

Here's your picture - something was wrong with your tags...
    199563_10150132686724860_678049859_6443340_7450399_n.jpg
  • chantalicious
    Options
    Well I can't get the photo to work maybe someone could help me out?!?
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    Way to go and good luck on your 10k!
  • chantalicious
    Options
    THANK YOU!
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! I wanna run as fast as you!!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Well I can't get the photo to work maybe someone could help me out?!?

BTW - you can't have any spaces in the "img" tags - I think that was your problem.
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and what an inspiration! I am training to run my first 5K in May, but I'm 42! Maybe with all the knee surgeries that makes us even? LOL At any rate, fantastic job! You should be proud of yourself and your accomplishment!
  • mrskoolnu
    mrskoolnu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I also ran a 5k this weekend and my time was 39.05. I was pretty impressed since my last race was 44.26. I hope to do better in my next race in May. How do you increase your speed???
  • chantalicious
    Options
    Congrats!!! I also ran a 5k this weekend and my time was 39.05. I was pretty impressed since my last race was 44.26. I hope to do better in my next race in May. How do you increase your speed???

Work on endurance training! My cardio never quit even at the end of the race I felt great and like I could keep going! My legs/knee began to hurt but I ran through it. I never run that fast, not even on the treadmill I just used the motiviation of those around me and took off!
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Ah that's so awesome!! Great job!! :)
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    Nice job! I'm running a half marathon in 2 weeks. Shooting for like 9:50 min miles, and after this I'm going to stick to shorter races, and try to work on my speed. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • donbogi67
    donbogi67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I completed the first three weeks on my treadmill. I've decided to start over in outside terrain. I need to get a 5K run in 2011 and I'm striving for a completion time of 35 minutes!

CONGRATS on your amazing results!
  • sacred81
    sacred81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just WALKED my first 5k and even at 1hr 20 min I couldn't be prouder. I'm a reformed daily Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burrito eater. So everyone is just gonna have to be patient with me! ^_^

5k.jpg
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well done. I'm doing a 5k in May and hope to do it in less than 30 mins. Last year I did it in 42 minutes with no real training. This year, I'm doing the C25K and am on week 5 at the moment.
  • PolyTeine
    PolyTeine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good job, I jog/walk my first 5k last Saturday and I came out at 45:02. I'm working on it, I hope it'll be a less time next time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!