Hi! Newish and looking for some motivation and support

Options
Hey there :glasses:

I've been on MyFitnessPal for a couple of weeks, but my enthusiasm has sapped lately - probably due to all my imminently due uni assignments! So I thought I'd introduce myself and make some friends for mutual support.

Because I'm pretty short I'm on a 1200 calorie goal and I do find that if I don't pick what I eat well, I get really hungry. It's been a bit tough for me to stick to and I've gone over for the last few days unfortunately. I have about 15kg to lose all up I think, but no particular schedule, my first goal is to get back to my high school weight. More than anything I want to change my lifestyle and learn better eating/exercise habits so I'm as healthy as I can be :smile:.

Replies

• liljen79
    liljen79 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi there! I too am on a 1200 calorie goal because I too am short! When I first started, I found it really hard to stick to without being hungry. I find if I snack on veggies (broccoli and cauliflower and red peppers) when I'm hungry, it's easier to feel full but with less calories! I also try to drink a lot of water to fill myself. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want! Good luck on your weight loss/fitness journey!
  • krgordon4
    krgordon4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a newbie to this website. I also follow weight watchers and they really suggest eating "filling foods" which are things like fruits and veggies. These are low in calorie but high in fiber which makes you feel fuller longer. They aren't "fun" foods, but they are good to add into meals. I try to eat my veggies first so that I start feeling full while I'm in the other parts of my meal. I have noticed a difference in my eating. This might help you stick to your low-cal program but still feel satisfied! Good luck!!!
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    hello welcome,
    i am doing weight watchers you ger 29 points a day and 49 extra points a week
    its pretty simple and it requires you to read labels, it goes by carbs fat fiber and protein

p=(c/50) + (f/12) - (min{r,4}/5)

P is points
    C is calories
    F is fat
    R is dietary fiber

Dietary fiber greater than 4 is not used. Only fiber up to 4 grams is used to calculate Weight Watchers points. For example, if dietary fiber = 2, then 2 would be used to calculate the points. However, if dietary fiber = 5, then only 4 dietary fiber would be used in the calculation.

For example, based on the calculation for weight watchers points, every 50 calories would be equal to one point and every 12 grams of fat is equal to one point and for every gram of fiber (up to 4 grams) you deduct 1/5 of a point. So if a food item had 100 calories, 2 fat grams and 2 fibers, you would use the following formula to calculate weight watchers points.

(100/50) + (2/12) – (2/5)

2 + .17 - .4 = 1.77 points

Points are then rounded to the nearest whole point, so this particular example would be 2 weight watcher points.

the other one is a site that does the math for you

http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/weight-watchers-points-calculator.html
    Hope this helps you
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have been trying to eat more veggies, but I'm going to have to step them up I think...