Post-natal, post-partum weight loss!

Options
17lbs down and counting!

I am so excited about reaching this milestone. It means so much more than just weight loss....it means I am finally in control of my life and feeling good!

At my 7 week check up after having Lily, I weighed 248lbs.

9 months later, on Feb. 2/11, I weighed 265lbs...that was a 17lb weight gain! I gained more weight in the 9 months after having Lily than I did when I was pregnant...very upsetting to say the least.

After having Lily I had a very difficult time dealing with post-partum adjustment disorder....I was so depressed and didn't want to do anything but sleep, eat and cry...it was awful!

After attending a post-partum group, talking with my doctor and trying a couple of different kinds of medication, I am finally feeling like my old self! I am so happy now!! I do still have a bad day here and there, but that is normal.

I know that I am on the right track now and can't wait to see what is around the next bend in the road!

Replies

• ampointe
    ampointe Posts: 13
    Options
    that is awesome!!! I too have a little one..he will be 9months on 4/1 and it can be very hard to lose weight while caring for a little one! Keep it up, you are off to a great start! you should be very proud of yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!