LADIES: Pelvic pain while doing pushups?

Options
Hi all,

I (was) doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women routine. In phase 1, the routine has you do pushups and prone jack knives. When doing each of these exercises, I got a sharp, searing pain in my lower right pelvic area- in the ovary/round ligament department.

It took hours for the pain to go away altogether and to be able to sit back without experiencing that sharp pain again. A hot compress helped a LOT.

I have a call in to my OB/GYN but it may be days or weeks before I can see her. Has anyone else dealt with this? What did it turn out to be?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Shayna

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i've had that because of cysts on my ovaries. sometimes they burst and the pain goes away, sometimes they are reabsorbed during your period and sometimes they require surgery. i'm glad you are planning to see your obgyn. i hope it turns out to be something completely different. :)
  • kamoqueen
    Options
    I understand how you feel. It feels like you have pinched a nerve in your hip and without stretching it can stay that way for days. I do female push-ups to help prevent it. (Those are the push-ups where you keep your knees on the ground.) You may have to increase your reps if you start doing female push-ups tho. Always remember to stretch as well.
  • SmartestRat
    Options
    Thank you so much! I have had cysts in the past- that could well be it. What do you do in the meantime? Just lay off the pushups?
  • SmartestRat
    Options
    I will definitely do that, thank you. The regular ones put a lot of pressure down there.