Chubby in Canada?

Options
Hey everyone! I am somewhat new to this site (its the end of my first week) and thought now would be a good time to make friends and see if there is anyone else on the site fighting the flab in Canada :)

My stats: Female, 5"6, 158 lbs (starting), 150 lbs (first goal), 140 lbs (second goal), 130 lbs (ultimate goal), and I would like to get there by August 1st (I get one month off of school in the summer and I plan to spend it on the beach!... Bring on the bikinis!) :)

Replies

• sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!! I am from Newfoundland!!!! hey... welcome to MFP!!
    Best of luck to you!!
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Im from Calgary Good luck on your quest to lose your weight :)
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    Hiya!

Am also trying to work off the winter hibernation weight in Canada (though the constant COLD temperatures aren't helping! Ugh)
    I joined MFP in October - starting weight 191, 5'3'
    Am currently at 168 - down 23 pounds :). My goal weight for now is 160, after that I'll re-assess!!

Feel free to add me as a friend! :) Good luck!

EDIT: OMG, you're from T-Bay too! Wicked :)
  • peimomof2
    peimomof2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm from PEI. Good luck on your weight loss journey. ADD ME!! :)
  • cathy2ci
    cathy2ci Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello all...I live in Windsor, and am looking to lose about 40 pounds, give or take...I just joined today, so feel free to add me as a friend!!
    Good luck to all of us!
    :heart:
  • canadianchickie
    Options
    Hi there! I am fairly new too, started thursday. I find this site has totally got me pumped & inspired ... I was 'going it alone' from Jan - mid March, and getting nowhere, when on a 'bad' day I found MFP. There is no looking back!

My stats:
    5"7, 190 lbs.... I have never ever been this big in my life.
    My goals are to to be at 180 by May 12th, 170 by June 23, and 160 by August 4th, 150 by Oct 13, 140 by Dec 22, and 135 by March 2012. My smallest weight has been 135, and my 'homeostasis weight' is around 145-150.

I have this great bikini that I can't wait to wear again - I hear you sista!

I'm up for the hard work & dedication!
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Hi Im from just outside Edmonton Alberta:) Feel free to add me:)
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I'm from Winnipeg! Yes, you can add me too...
  • Catalyst911
    Catalyst911 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i am in Victoria... I was really happy to find Canadian products on this site.
  • missbeautifultulip
    Options
    Hey all :) feel free to add me as well, I live near Whistler BC! 5'0 154 pounds, I want to get to my goal weight of 125 by my 31st birthday in August.

Sunny
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to burn off the winter chub too! Spring is so close I can almost taste the road dust lol...I'm in Edmonton, feel free to add me...CAUTION! Sometimes my page as TMI...like right now lol
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Wow, quite amazing how many Canadian Lads and Ladies are to be found here. From Ontario myself, just joined here about 10 days ago and on the road to more fitness but less weight, about 45 pounds to go, just about 1 pound for every year I have lived:). Life is good. You certainly found the right place to keep you going.