Jillian Michaels -which DVD??

Options
Hi there
I have been looking at the Jillian Michaels DVDs - "30 day shred" and "banish fat, boost metabolism".
I am looking to loose weight (another 10 - 14lbs) and tone up all over. I have been keeping a healthy diet but I am looking to start exercising but don't have the money or time to join the gym.

Can anyone recommend either of these, if you have tried both - which one did you prefer ?
thank you

Replies

• Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Jillian's 30 day shredd is an awesome workout with definite success! It's my DVD of choice and $9.00 at Target...good luck!
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I found a 4 disc set on amazon that has both of those. I was thinking of getting them. It is only like $28. I see lots of good things on here about most of her dvds!
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have heard nothing but good things about her 30 day shred and her 6week 6pack. I just recently bought both from Amazon and only paid $28 with shipping. As soon as they get here and I get started I will let you know how well they work. Good luck!
  • shazzabir
    shazzabir Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i have done the 30 day shred and would recommend it. I lost around 10" and 11lb :smile:
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have 30DS, BFBM, No More Trouble Zones, and Yoga Meltdown, and love them all! BFBM is more of a cardio workout (no weights), but all of them are going to tone and burn fat. I'd recommend all of them, lol (def get that set NicolCook!). 30DS is a 'program'--20 min a day for 30 days. BFBM and NMTZ are both around 40 min, and just straight workout DVDs (ie, no program/progressions). YM has a beginner program and an advanced one, I think both are around 30 min (I've only tried the beginner).
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had any results with her "Ripped in 30"?
  • Loribell23
    Options
    I have done both of the DVD's you mentioned. I really enjoy the 30 day Shred, Its got 3 levels, so 3 different workouts, each one about 20 minutes long. It's Circuit training so the best results are going to come if you are committed to doing it for 30 days and do each level for 10 days. It will get you lean and build muscle in just 30 days. Awesome.

The Boost DVD is good too- it's one 40 minute workout. Her style is more Boot Camp in my opinion, and I kinda like that. She tells it how it is. Some of the moves are difficult but you can work your way up! Good luck!!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    both are great, depends how much tome you want to spend banish is 40 min and shred is 27...but you have 2 great workouts!
  • rhona77
    rhona77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thanks all. I have just ordered the 30 day shred - £5.49, which is a bargain.
    Looking forward to getting started!
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have only done BFBM, but I love it!! the first couple of days are difficult, but once you get through them it gets easier. I lost 1/2" in my chest, waist, and hips the first week I did it.
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have Ripped in 30, Banish Fat, NMTZ, Yoga Meltdown and 6wk 6pk, and would recommend them ALL!! My current favorite is Ripped, which is JMs newest one. It will def get you toned in a short amount of time. You can purchase them off Amazon or Target has them in the store for $9 for each one, and $12.99 for 6wk 6pk. I say get them all if you can, and you will have a variety to rotate through, and never get bored. Good Luck to you!
  • cat_1977
    cat_1977 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Am about half way through 30DS and love/hate it so far. It def does what it says on the tin and I'm really noticing results. The hate part is because it really is hard. But as Jillian says, if you want a workout that's only 20 minutes long you're going to have to work for it!

I'm lining up 6Week 6Pack for my next challenge and then hope to get ripped in 30. I love that the workouts are all less than half an hour so no excuses!

Best of luck with it!
  • kate_81284
    kate_81284 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Target tonight to buy the 30 Day Shred video. I'm super excited to try it out as I've heard lots of positive reviews on it!