What are you Reading????

Options

Replies

• Beach_Chica
    Beach_Chica Posts: 111
    Options
    I just finished the O'Malley series by Dee Henderson (again)

Now I am reading Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury....

I recommend both of those authors : )

Oh my goodness! I cried reading Shades of Blue. Kingsbury is a top author of mine. Have you read Like Dandelion Dust? All of her books are great.
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love the Left Behind series. I bought a Kindle last year so I'm reading several books right now. I usually read at least one book a week....and on vacation I can go through one or two a day!

Yes the Left Behind series was Wonderful! I read the whole series in 3 months. A little slower than usual but I'd say 4 400 page books a month isnt too shabby! I'm getting ready to buy a Nook Color and can't wait to load up on my "summer" reading list.

Enjoy your Nook!! What I love is that I have millions of books at my fingertips where ever I am. My favorite author is Dean Koontz but his Kindle versions are expensive. (I'm a bargain hunter).
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    The Shipping News, right now, with The Help up next, and then Diary by Palahniuk...

by the time I'm done with those, Stephen King's new one might be released...:love:

I loved the shipping news!

I've just finished "The Girl With Glass Feet" by Ali Shaw and I'm now reading "One Day" by David Nicholls
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    I need to head to the Christian book store and buy some more books. I've read all my books that I have at home. I just started reading Spiritual Warfare For Every Christian by Dean Sherman. I borrowed it from my daughter. I've read the Left Behind Series. Those are great books.

Have you read The Shack??? I loved it sooo much!

Also Quest for the nailprints is supposed to be great also. It comes out in Paperback on Friday. The first chapter is available online too.

No I haven't read that. Who is the author? I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

I loved The Shack! Great book.

The Shack is by Wm. Paul Young...OMGosh it's probably one of the Best books I've ever read. It teaches you about Forgiveness. It changed My life literally. You can get it at Wal Mart in the Christian reading section for about 12 dollars :)
  • oheatheroh
    oheatheroh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. Great book.
  • cdbjr2000
    cdbjr2000 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The Second Opinion By Michael Palmer
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I am an avid reader, and generally like anything by Nicholas Sparks, Jodi Picoult, Susan Wiggs, Sherryl Wood, Dorothy Garwood, etc.
    I'd like to recommend "Heaven is For Real" by Todd Burpo. It is the true account of his 3-year-old's trip to Heaven during a surgery in which he almost died. The family lives just a couple of hours from where I live. If you have ever lost a loved one, for any reason, this is a MUST read.
    Kaye
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    I am an avid reader, and generally like anything by Nicholas Sparks, Jodi Picoult, Susan Wiggs, Sherryl Wood, Dorothy Garwood, etc.
    I'd like to recommend "Heaven is For Real" by Todd Burpo. It is the true account of his 3-year-old's trip to Heaven during a surgery in which he almost died. The family lives just a couple of hours from where I live. If you have ever lost a loved one, for any reason, this is a MUST read.
    Kaye

Thank You Kaye! I did see that book at Wal Mart the other day and almost picked it up....Now I wished I had. :)
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Just finished "Don't Look Back" by Laura Lippman which was good (a little disappointing ending-wise but still good) and now I'm reading "Have You Seen Her?" by Karen Rose which is excellent so far.

I'm on a real crime/thriller kick at the moment, lol.

i love karen rose books, i'm jusy getting back into reading (i read loads then break for a couple of months to let the rest of the hobbies have a chance lol) and i'm currently reading count to ten i'm trying to tread them in order but its not always easy to get them from the library that way (i got another out as well wich is next on the list can't wait)

i love my crime thrillers, but i also like reading historical drama style books i reccommend the oathsworn series and also the chinamans b*stard which is a brilliant read for a debut novellist but i can't remember who wrote it
  • pertilera
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! The Shack and Glass Castles were both so good. I also loved Same Kind of Different as Me.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    I am reading A Song Of Ice and Fire Series. I am on book 4. It is sooooooo good. they are pretty long but so addicting. Also in a few weeks the HBO series based on the books starts. SO excited!! I have a Kindle and am always reading now. I love it!!
  • BerniceB
    BerniceB Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I liked Middlesex. A classic that is also a page turner, at least for me, is East of Eden. I just finished The Girl Who Fell From the Sky. It was about a girl who is of mixed race, and the lone survivor after her family falls 9 stories. i am glad I read the book.
  • whiskey9890
    Options
    I need to head to the Christian book store and buy some more books. I've read all my books that I have at home. I just started reading Spiritual Warfare For Every Christian by Dean Sherman. I borrowed it from my daughter. I've read the Left Behind Series. Those are great books.

Have you read The Shack??? I loved it sooo much!

Also Quest for the nailprints is supposed to be great also. It comes out in Paperback on Friday. The first chapter is available online too.

No I haven't read that. Who is the author? I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

I loved The Shack! Great book.

The Shack is by Wm. Paul Young...OMGosh it's probably one of the Best books I've ever read. It teaches you about Forgiveness. It changed My life literally. You can get it at Wal Mart in the Christian reading section for about 12 dollars :)

that reminds me i need to get my copy of the shack back from my boss! when i bought it i didn't realise it was a faith based book as it was just in the new releases section and i can honestly say as a non-religious or spiritual person this book is amazing, it really makes you think, i would reccommend it to anyone as it is a very good story in its own right as well
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I just finished An Apple for Zoe. A supernatural thriller. Its the first of 3 books and the first was flippen AWESOME! If you a fan of historical crime and supernatural stuff this book is an awesome choice!!!! You can get it on Amazon.com and on the Nook.
  • galaxysue
    galaxysue Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading Revelation by CJ Sansome. Its a historical murder mystery set in Tudor England, it is the 3rd in the Matthew Shardlake series, compelling reading.
  • whiskey9890
    Options
    i can't believe i forgot to mention this book its my alltime favourite, its the first in a trilogy but this works as a stand alone book whereas the others don't (you really need to read them in order) its the Bronze Horseman by Paulinna Simmons, its set in russia during the seige of lenningrad and is the story of a young girl who falls in love with a soldier and their what happens to them in the following years, it so powerfully written you can't help but feel the emotions all of the characters go through
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Any Christopher Moore book is always good reading if you like satire. Lamb is his most notable but A Dirty Job is my favorite of his. He has a ton of books. I would start with A Dirty Job!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I just finished An Apple for Zoe. A supernatural thriller. Its the first of 3 books and the first was flippen AWESOME! If you a fan of historical crime and supernatural stuff this book is an awesome choice!!!! You can get it on Amazon.com and on the Nook.

I had heard about this book.....I am going to have to get this one! ;)
  • blackdragonclare
    Options
    matilda by roald dahl my daughter is really enjoying it I got so fed up with reading fairy tales I decided to buy books I like lol.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Hey thanks! I have all his books on my kindle but I wasnt sure what to start with. I started reading Bite Me but I feel like I am missing something. I will try starting with Dirty Job