No Weight Loss Yet

Options
Ok, I am new here and been lifestyle changing since 8 days ago and I have not lost any weight.:cry:

I am suppose to be loosing 1 pound a week. :wink:

Oh well, today is a new day and a new beginning, so I'm not defeated yet!

Replies

• dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Yay! on not being discouraged....are you drinking lots of water? That will help. Best wishes on your journey!
  • susancelli928
    Options
    Good mindset. You will see the the numbers start to fall soon enough. Good Luck
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It's going to take time! :) The good news is the 1lb/week is healthy and with that you'll be more likely to keep it off!

My advice is to eat more whole foods and less processed foods! Even a simple snack like an apple with some peanut butter is better than a packaged snack!
  • getfitgirl1
    Options
    i went through the same feeling last week. after i completed my first week last week, i had lost nothing, but i thought, "i'm not gonna give up because everyone tells me it takes about 2 weeks..." well, after 2 weeks, i finally saw a change on the scales. make sure and go back and look at your diary and make sure you are exercising enough! i feel so much better since i FINALLY saw a change. please DON'T GIVE UP!
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It's great to keep a positive attitude. How are you measuring your food? Getting a scale is the best way. Good luck!
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe too much sodium so that you are retaining water? Or maybe eating too late at night? I'm not sure what the reason is, there are so many variables. Since you have been making better choices then you must be doing good for your body- you just cant see it on the scale yet. Keep your chin up and hang in there. There are so many supportive people on this site, I'm sure you will get good advice. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can figure it out together!

Penny:flowerforyou:
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I find that weekly, it seems like I'm not meeting my weight loss goal, but when I figure out my overall weighloss (like from when I first started) and divide it by how much I'm SUPPOSED to be losing per week, I'm pretty close to on track. Hang in there... it will take time but it will be worth it!
  • wildeyezz
    wildeyezz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hang in there.....focus on eating according to your nutrition goals and drinking the water....and the scale will reflect it, eventually.
    I joined last week and have lost just over 2 lbs...so you can do it!!!

:-)
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    It took me nearly 5 weeks to start losing anything because of my body having to make such a switch from not eating enough&not moving to eating more and working out. It may take some time, but don't let yourself be discouraged. Good luck!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am new here and been lifestyle changing since 8 days ago and I have not lost any weight.:cry:

I am suppose to be loosing 1 pound a week. :wink:

Oh well, today is a new day and a new beginning, so I'm not defeated yet!

Don't expect immediate weight loss. If you get it it is usually water weight. You need to give your body time to adjust to the change.

If you did not previously have a routine workout and then started a high-intensity workout, your body can go into a sort of shock-like state. This extra stress has your body collecting nutrients and water to protect it. When you keep a routine workout, the body will get used to this sort of exercising and adjust

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5579501_do-retain-water-after-exercise_.html
  • SugaDumplin
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies and encouragement.
  • ericzintx
    ericzintx Posts: 32
    Options
    I can attest to the first starting out shock too. I bounced up and down for the first 2 weeks eating very cleanly and doing cardio every day - no measurable results. I am just now seeing a solid pound come off after two weeks and NOW I am getting excited.

It'll happen but we must have patience with the process of getting our metabolism up after having a non-actively trained one before.

Hang in there!
  • mamato3babes
    Options
    Im in the same boat... I was bummed and ready to say forget it but then I said NO WAY! Ive already come this far! We can do it :) good luck!
    Edit: just stepped on the scale and Im down 2 lbs! SEE... It will happen!!!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Are you balancing your calories? If you try to spread them out over the whole day and make sure you're getting plenty of fruit and veggies as well as a couple of servings of dairy in there, it works better. Also watch your carb amount and make sure you're not eating too many. Going over on carbs or sodium cause this problem for me. Also, make sure you drink your 8 glasses of water a day.