What are you Reading????

Options

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    matilda by roald dahl my daughter is really enjoying it I got so fed up with reading fairy tales I decided to buy books I like lol.

My daughter and I are reading the Ramona books together. She loves Matilda!
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    currently reading The Killing Dance An anita blake vampire hunter novel...by Laurell K Hamilton...after the series Im gonna start on the Sookie stackhouse ones.

i <3 my Sony E-Reader
  • ChrissyLee7
    Options
    'The Help' by Kathryn Stockett was a very good read. I'm considering Steve Harvey's 'Act Like a lady, Think Like a Man' ...
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

Absolutely brilliant.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I am reading A Song Of Ice and Fire Series. I am on book 4. It is sooooooo good. they are pretty long but so addicting. Also in a few weeks the HBO series based on the books starts. SO excited!! I have a Kindle and am always reading now. I love it!!

It would be better if it was ever finished LOL

I hope the HBO series is better than what they did with the sword of truth series because legend of the seeker sucks bad
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Unbroken, and it is SOOOOOOOOOO good!

I am usually not a fan of non-fiction, but I really enjoyed this book. I certainly learned a lot when reading it!

I know, me too! I never read non-fiction, but this book is constructed with such an intriguing story, it has me glued.
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    Just finished God is NOT Great by Christopher Hitchens, was amazing.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have been reading War and Peace for a year and I only have 20 pages left so I feel like I have been left out of the reading scene lately! I have a stack of books to read when I finish W&P but I also second the rec's on Middlesex and have heard good things about The Help and Girl with a Dragon Tattoo and that trilogy. I have read a lot of Jodi Piccoult, I find it compelling but frustrating sometimes. Also, I might be the only person who didn't like Eat, Pray, Love. I thought it was boring and poorly written.
  • dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    3 books - My Daily Bread, Revolution in World Missions & Tortured for Christ. I'm going to start reading Don't Know Much About History next (I love watching Jeopardy & need more answers) LOL
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    I usually only get to read books I really enjoy during the summer because the rest of the year I'm reading text books but my all time favorite books are Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (it's also being made into a movie releasing in April) and The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly... I highly recommend them.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'm reading MFP Posts lately. haha

I really need to find a good book and read it, but I tend to sit down and read and get nothing else done. And I'm busy doing that here lately.
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Crave by J.R. Ward. It's the 2nd novel in her Fallen Angels series. I've also read and love her Black Dagger Brotherhood series as well.
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    I'm on the second book of the Hunger Games trilogy.
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. Great book.
    My Mom told me about this book and I loved it, too! It was fascinating to see how she grew up and still really made a successful life for herself!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'm reading One of Our Thursdays is Missing by Jasper Fforde, Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King, and Bran Hambric: The Farfield Curse.

Are any of you on Goodreads.com? I love that site...it helps me keep track of books I want to read and what my friends are reading. I'm a middle school lang arts teacher, so I have a mix of YA novels and grown up stuff on deck most of the time.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The Human Story by James C. Davis. It skips alot of the evolution stuff and goes right into civilization. So far, I like it. But it does lack alot of detail and contains alot of opinion. Still, worth finishing.
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Kings, Queens, Bones and *kitten*: Who's Who in the English Monarchy from Egbert to Elizabeth II, by David Hilliam, and Raspberry Vinegar, by Joan Fern Shaw (the latter, while fictionalised, is based on real events and experiences in my extended family during the '40s - the author is my maternal grandmother's cousin!). I always have a novel and a non-fiction on the go at the same time, I loooove reading.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm "trying" to read A clockwork orange for my book club but can't get past the 2nd page. It sucks! :bigsmile:
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. Great book.

I read it a few months ago; so amazingly well written, though it left me with a sort of lingering melancholy for a few days (that's not a bad thing, I love to really *feel* a book).

:heart: -- Juliet
  • donya35
    donya35 Posts: 166
    Options
    I just finished reading The Lovely Bones. I loved it, and thought the movie was pretty good too. I'm also waiting on the next Sookie Stackhouse book, and a few others to come out.