PROTEIN BARS

Options
I clean houses & alot of times dont' have time to sit down and eat a lunch. Sometimes I'm in a house up to 6 hrs. So I find myself going to the gas station grabbing a bottle of water and looking at the protein bars.. I usually have the special k ones.. which do you think are they best? I don't eat them everyday but when I'm busy its nice to have a meal on the go!

Replies

• sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    choose always high protein, low fat, low sugar., carbs should be OK since your work is physical., the carbs will give you energy.
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I like the Special k protein bars too, but I am curious to hear what others say...
  • 343paul
    343paul Posts: 24
    Options
    You can try the metrx big 100 as a meal replacement
  • 343paul
    343paul Posts: 24
    Options
    I like the choc chip cookie dough flavor
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    The ones I eat when Im on the go are the Kashi go Lean rolls. They tend to hold me off about 2-3hrs after eating them I like the caramel and the chocolate one.
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein 20g is good for me, its not a laxative like some other I have tried lol.
  • kidsinc29
    Options
    I prefer the Zone Perfect Bars. The chocolate caramel one tastes like a Whatchamacalit candy bar. They are a good comibination of carbs and protein.
  • Volforlife83
    Volforlife83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The MetRX 100 are pretty good (have a ton of protein), but have a lot of fat, calories, and carbs. I was eating those for meal replacements and even though I do intense workouts 6 days a week I wasn't losing any weight. Once I switched to a different bar I started losing again. Find a bar that has a good amount of protein (at least 15 grams) and is on the lower end in sugars, carbs, fat, and cals. I'm not sure what variety is offered at the gas station, but compare labels and see what best fits your daily needs :)
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    ProMax energy bars are the only ones I found to have a good amount of carbs and protein. I usually only have these after a workout if I have not packed a snack myself already
  • moe5474
    moe5474 Posts: 162
    Options
    Try Think Thin bars. 20 grams of protein and zero sugar. They've been a life saver for me!
  • Jenn080203
    Options
    P90X Protein Bars, they are AWESOME!! I eat them personally and LOVE THEM! If you wanna check them out go to www.beachbodycoach.com/coachnickel
  • crlujan
    crlujan Posts: 59
    Options
    I like the Clif Builder's. 20g protein. I get the peanut butter one. It's quite yummy. Builder bar. Not the regular Clif bars. Those are like gummy mud.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    I prefer the Zone Perfect Bars. The chocolate caramel one tastes like a Whatchamacalit candy bar. They are a good comibination of carbs and protein.
    omg she speaks the truth. i said the exact same thing!!! i also like the cliff bar builders(peanutbutter) and pure protein.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i have Promax Diet protein bars(20g protein, 204cals) or the biggest loser meal replacement bars(204cals, 18g protein)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Try Think Thin bars. 20 grams of protein and zero sugar. They've been a life saver for me!

These are great, and gluten free and all natural. Please stay away from anything Kellogg's...all chemicals and high fructose corn syrup! Yuck!
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    I have been looking for a protein bar but when I am in the store and stand there and read the labels I end up not buying any ... they either have way too many carbs, fats or sugar ... I will keep looking ...
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I like Atkins bars or the AES low carb shakes or .25 - .5 cup of almonds
  • newbeautifulme
    Options
    You can try making your own. I really like this recipe: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1485590
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The Think Thin bars are yummy, a good quick fix. My new favorite are the Zone Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter Cookie Dough. Unlike others, these have good texture! You can buy them by the box at Target.