P90X Advice

Options
2»

Replies

• jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    I think C and B is the hardest P90X workout, just a brutal one. Plyo is Plyo, I like Shoulders and Arms I think the best. Yoga I hated in the beginning but believe me youll be looking forward to it sooner than later, but it is tought in the beginning. Legs and Back is another tough one for me, and Kenpo is a nice one to round out the week. X Stretch I did for about 7 or 8 weeks my first round then I just rested. Just wait until your recovery week. Also when the workouts change in week 5.

Nutrition is the hardest part. I planned everyting out ahead of time. I prepared all my food before I left for trips. I fly 4 day trips mostly, so I just found it easier to bring my food with me as opposed to trying to find food in airport terminals.
  • mayeuxj
    mayeuxj Posts: 22
    Options
    I think the biggest hurdle is spreading my meals out to several a day. Starting to get the hang of it. As long as I avoid fried foods and the occasional greasy burger, I think I'll be fine.
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    Yep I eat 6 meals a day 3 are shakes.

Breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, snack, dinner, casein shake before bed.

Try to eat clean like 90 % of the time and you should be golden.
  • mayeuxj
    Options
    Let me know if I'm doing this right. Here's today's menu:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with a little milk and sugar
    Snack: Special K protein bar
    Lunch: Spinach leaves with strawberries, peanuts and raspberry vinagrette dressing
    Snack: Banana
    Dinner: Grilled chicken with rice
    Shake before bed
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    that looks like alot of carbs. If you are following the P90X plan thats probably a little heavy on carbs for the first month. More protein less carbs. The first phase you are trying to cut, you gradually increase carbs and dec. protein in the following phases.
  • mayeuxj
    Options
    Gotcha, that's probably why I'm not really losing any weight.
  • mayeuxj
    Options
    Recovery Week #1 has begun. I say recovery loosly, since there's a lot of Yoga in it, which is pretty sweat-worthy.
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    Your body needs it enjoy it while it last cause you should change up the diet and the workouts a bit M and W anyway. Keep plugging away man!
  • mayeuxj
    Options
    You bet! I just saw an informercial for Insanity and it got me pumped. But I have to tell myself, one workout program at a time :)
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    Yea Insanity is awesome. It is all cardio, no equipment. Very tough, like plyo everyday! The new one Asylum is due out shortly also.
  • mayeuxj
    Options
    Army PT test was a success!

Pushups in 2 minutes: 60
    Situps in 2 minutes: 60
    2-mile run:16:03
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    Great job man!