Losing weight the second time around harder?

stephjohnny
stephjohnny Posts: 42 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Beginning August 2009 I began my weight loss journey and lost 64 pound by March 2010. Then due to my husband relocating jobs, moving, a plethora of stressful events and then quitting smoking in October 2010, I gained back 39 pounds. Now, I am back on the wagon and have lost 2 pounds in the last week. However, I was told by someone that since I lost the weight last time and gained most of it back, my body will hang on to the weight and it will be harder to lose the weight this time around and I will have to work twice as hard. Is this true? Seems discouraging to me. I am not a yoyo dieter, as I had never tried losing weight in my life prior to August 2009. Thanks

Replies

• stephjohnny
    stephjohnny Posts: 42 Member
    BUMP
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    I've heard that about low carb dieting, but exerting more calories than you take in will result in weight loss whether it's your first or hundredth time.

Now, if you've starved your body regularly enough that it's used to living on very few calories, you may have more difficulty losing because your metabolism will have slowed down.
This discussion has been closed.