probably NOT for men....

Options
ok so i am having a SERIOUS issue finding the right sports bra for when im working out. i have lost my chest size since i have started. went from a 42 dd to a 38 SMALL c. its really hard to find a sports bra that holds me right! they are either so tight that they cut off my circulation, or they are too big and i just flop everywhere. anybody got any good suggestions???

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    So far, under armour has been my best bet. I'm all for investing in a decent bra. I went form a 36DD to 32d
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38C and I like the one i have from Old Navy. It's tight where it should be but it doesn't cut off circulation. It has removable foam cups, I like them in because it gives a firmer hold. It's nice and thick so it gives a lot of support. And it was only about $15.
  • summer_anne
    Options
    I have almost the same problem, only that I am much smaller and either can't find cups small enough, or it's much too tight around my ribs I can't breathe LOL. My favorites I have found have been frome Aerie, they have adjustable clasps, and they are more affordable than the others too
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    So far, under armour has been my best bet. I'm all for investing in a decent bra. I went form a 36DD to 32d
    i just bought one of those, but the store i was in had regular sizes like small medium large or xl. i wear an xl shirt, so i figured an xl was my best bet... nope!!! i cant BREATH in it! and it KILLS my shoulders! i have no luck at all with sports bras. :(
  • MommieDearest1966
    Options
    Lululemon is what I like the best.
    :smile:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I just double-up. I've gone from a 44F to a 36J, and since you can't really find bras in a 36J, I just alter my existing bras to semi-sort of fit and then add a tight sports bra on top of my normal bra when I exercise. Doesn't eliminate the bouncing, but it makes a huge difference.
  • mishelnkiki
    Options
    THANKS LADIES!!! i appreciate all the great advice. i never even thought of old navy for bras!!! i hope to one day be able to workout and NOT worry about my tatas giving me black eyes, or passing out from lack of oxygen. lol. appreciate all the feedback!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Lululemon is what I like the best.
    :smile:

love mine from there too
  • NavyWifeag
    NavyWifeag Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Lane Bryant sports bras? They tend to cater to the larger breasted girls. My mom is big chested and loves their bras. I am medium chested but have a large rib cage. I've had good luck with Target.
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    I just double-up. I've gone from a 44F to a 36J, and since you can't really find bras in a 36J, I just alter my existing bras to semi-sort of fit and then add a tight sports bra on top of my normal bra when I exercise. Doesn't eliminate the bouncing, but it makes a huge difference.
    38F here and I've been doing that as long as I can remember!! I have a pretty awesome Under Armor bra, but if I'm doing plyo or a long run... Doubling up time!!!
  • mhooker
    mhooker Posts: 8
    Options
    The NIKE ones are the ones that work for me. You should go to ****'s sporting goods here in town and try some on!
  • mishelnkiki
    Options
    The NIKE ones are the ones that work for me. You should go to ****'s sporting goods here in town and try some on!

THANKS MARSHA!!! i will mos def have to try that one out!