Too Weigh or Not Weigh That Is My Question

Options
I was wanting some opinions on this. Do you think it is better to weigh yourself once a week like on a Monday and not weigh again until the next Monday or too weigh yourself every morning and track your results that way? The reason I wanted to know others views is because I woke up this morning weighed myself and instantly got aggrevated at how many times I look at the scale during the week.

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I vote for NOT weighing yourself.
    I started the Lenten Scale Diet -- see below.
    I have eaten right, exercised and stayed on track.
    I know I have lost inches because I had to buy new pants. What if I got on that scale and it didnt show anything. I would be devastated and eat bad stuff... give up and say its not worth it. Because I only have positive reinforcement I just keep going!! :)
  • LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I record my results every Sunday but I'll be honest and say that I do weigh myself everyday.
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I believe that it's totalyly up to you. If I waited a week I would be gaining and not losing. So, I weigh myself everyday. I understand about the ups and downs that your body goes through during the day. I weigh myself every morning after the bathroom and before breakfast.
    I do only post my weight twice a month on the 15th and the last day of the month.
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but I know its not healthy. Its not helping me, its just a habit because I want to see good numbers!!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    It's really up to you- if its aggrivating don't do it!

If you do find yourself hopping on the scale, here's a good way I've found to control it/manage it a bit- mornings just woke up but gone to the bathroom, naked or same clothes. And compare the numbers WEEKLY. So on monday, you have a number to compare against last monday. Mondays, for me, are my heaviest days usually. And Thursdays. Wed and Sat are my lightest. But by comparing the numbers weekly, you can see the "big picture" of the overall downward trend.
  • britt_fit
    britt_fit Posts: 169
    Options
    I only weigh myself Monday nights. Your weight will fluctuate every day a little bit, so I think it's better to not worry about it ever day and to just get on the scale once a week at the same time. I've seen soooo many posts about people freaking out because the scale shows they gained weight since the night before. Save yourself the worry and leave a little excitement for a bigger number than you would see if you weighed yourself daily :smile:
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I use to weigh myself every morning but now I making myself to try to do each Sunday so I won't stress throughout the week. Usually when I weigh myself everyday, I would stress out because it will be up one day and down the next (even though I know it could be many factors doing this, I would still stress out). Now to take the pressure off, I just make myself wait until this upcoming Sunday to weigh myself again.
  • suedalton1
    Options
    I weigh everyday and record it. I know your weight varies daily but it really helps keep me motivated.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Personally I get to discouraged when I weigh myself regularly, I know I'm doing something right if my clothes get looser. And I am just trying to get healthier and be able to do the athletic things I used to be able to, losing weight along the way is just a bonus.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I try hard for once a week, but it usually ends up being 3-4 times a week. I have seriously considered having my husband hide the scale for two weeks. My problem with that would be this: I would think to myself, "well I can eat this now because I dont have to weigh in for another 12 days....and I think I would really go off track. As long as I keep in mind that sodium and other factors will make my weight fluctuate, I am ok. And I only record it every Friday. Good luck!!
  • marieisthecool
    marieisthecool Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    depends on what motivates you. seeing the number every day keeps me in check.
  • pmarti5
    pmarti5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day too. Helps me stay on track and stay motivated to record my calories on this site. Do what works best for you!
  • missyleighRN82
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. Your weight fluctuates so much it can be discouraging if you weigh yourself everyday.