Options
2»

Replies

• keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with stretch marks.

stretch_marks.jpg

Completely agreed! I am willing to judge anyones nekkid pics and let you know what I think . . .LOL
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options

stretch_marks.jpg

Completely agreed! I am willing to judge anyones nekkid pics and let you know what I think . . .LOL

:laugh:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

stretch_marks.jpg

hahaha, i WISH my stretch marks looked like this! :) take them all the way up to my breasts and all the way around my belly button and then give them a nasty purple/red color. not pretty. i am proud of the reason i have them (my children, 9 and 7), but believe me when i say no one but my husband would be okay looking at them. lol.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    same here... i have the c-section pooch to deal with as well =( not to mention the hundreds of stretch marks my pregnancy with twins gave me .....

i hear ya. the c-section pooch drives me crazy! for me, it is only 'poochy' on one side. the other side healed flat. congrats on the twins!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I've got massive stretch marks and some extra skin on my tummy (thanks to a 9-pound baby) that will never go away, so I'm not ever going to have a bikini body; however, I noticed (and so did my hubby) that I look much better naked than I do in undies (or, I imagine, a bikini) anyway because nothing is drawing attention to the flaws and, if my hubby's happy, I'm happy.:blushing:
    Embrace the fact that you are getting fit and healthy. That's all that really matters.
  • chera325
    chera325 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welllp, I have the stretch marks AND the loose skin, AND no children to show for it. Just a lifetime of poor decisions and regrets in regards to my body. I think you should do what makes you feel good--even if that is surgery. I plan to start saving for mine asap. I feel so discouraged sometimes to think that I did all this work to lose all this weight (over 60 lbs in all) and I STILL can't have a flat, toned tummy. As much core strengthening as I do, I will STILL not have a toned, flat tummy. No amount of crunches can give your skin back the elasticity that it lost.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    The reason I do not have a goal weight is because I dont know at this point when I will be happy with my body. I do somtimes think that I will never see something I like :(
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    So, stop obsessing about it and just enjoy your body for what it is. Does it work right? Then you are super lucky and you should be grateful just for that. =)

Amen! After caring for and knowing people that have illnesses and disabilities and physical handicaps - we should be glad to have a "mostly" healthy body! Mine is still somewhat overweight - but I'm working on that! I'd love to be able to go to the pool in a one piece suit! Someday I will!!!!!!
  • lmk224
    lmk224 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Gosh you ladies are sure putting me off pregnancy! lol one my sister's had a baby boy who was 10.2lbs and I really felt for her and her skin, well done to all of you!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Gosh you ladies are sure putting me off pregnancy! lol one my sister's had a baby boy who was 10.2lbs and I really felt for her and her skin, well done to all of you!

don't be turned off pregnancy. :) my sister-in-law has gone thru it three times (compared to my two) and she has no stretch marks (she got just as large as i did), no extra skin, and got back her six pack abs within a few months. i think it has a lot to do with genetics.
  • chelldoty
    Options
    I think being healthier and feeling better is the goal if I never wear a bikini again that is ok I just want to live better!!! Be proud of that!!:flowerforyou:
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    wish I had kids to show for my stretch marks. Mine are very faded these days because I got mine when I was very young and didn't know what was happening. I did end up getting a tummy tuck because the skin around my belly was so depressing and I figured I'm only 25 once. They cut out a lot of the stretch marks though :). If you're fine with how you look, more power to ya, I just couldn't love myslef the way I was.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I think being healthier and feeling better is the goal if I never wear a bikini again that is ok I just want to live better!!! Be proud of that!!:flowerforyou:
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Chica650
    Chica650 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Redbook did a story on tummy tucks and after reading it, I'm cured of EVER wanting to get a tummy tuck. You have to carry this drain tube around with you for about a week and they tighten your skin up so much that you can't even stand up straight for about a week. They wrote that the pain is excruciating. I've had 3 c-sections, so I'm no stranger to surgery, but, wowza... :) I'll just rock my c-section pooch. Besides all that, if you buy some spanx, you can tuck it in. :bigsmile: And as far as swimsuits go, I was never a bikini person to begin with, but tanned fat looks better, so I'm thinking of getting a tanning package somewhere. :wink:
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It sucks for about a week, and there are drainage tubes (and they suck) but things just keep getting better and better after that