PMS munchies

NavyWifeag
NavyWifeag Posts: 36 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
I get so HUNGRY when I get PMS. Food is all I think about. Is there any tips you ladies have for keeping your diet when you're tired, hungry and crampy?

Replies

• ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Carnation LIGHT Hot Chocolate.....45 calories in 3 Tbsp. It's AMAZING! It kills the chocolate cravings!
  • MrsHilgert
    MrsHilgert Posts: 33 Member
    work out so you can eat more. It's the only thing helping me through this week!
  • A lot of water... will help fill you up and get rid of the bloating too, also I eat watermelon.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    fat free greek yogurt with fruit or honey =]
  • antfefe6
    antfefe6 Posts: 32
    Good idea!!
  • RisRis85
    RisRis85 Posts: 28
    Oh man, I am dealing with this right now! I'm already at my calorie intake for the day and its only 4! Geesh. Anyways, i like apples and peanut butter. And I recently switched to FitNutz Peanut butter and it saves me 100s of calories. :)
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    lots of water, tea, and sweet fruit (like grapes or melon), and a piece of dark chocolate when I have the sweet craving!
  • Agree with the water & light hot chocolate. Also try animal crackers! Slightly sweet to curb the craving but not rediculous in calories or hugely addicting.
  • marieisthecool
    marieisthecool Posts: 46 Member
    I try not to keep snacks in the house. when i do, I try to buy single serving packages to keep the portion under control.
  • judy02
    judy02 Posts: 19 Member
    fiber 1 brownies only 90 calories
  • I eat pickles to combat the salty/sour cravings, then I suck on Jolley Ranchers to combat the sweet cravings that follow. I also eat celery just to go through the eating motions if that's all it is.

You gotta remember too that it's onyl a few days a month and if some extra calories help you to not go crazy, just eat.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Fage Fat-Free Yogurt with Sugar Free Syrup (Torani Raspberry is my favorite!) Add .25 cup Go Lean Crunch and you have a great snack! If you keep the Fage to 3oz (1/2 of a small) the total is less than 100 calories and very filling! (Yep, that was yesterday for me...) Other than that, lots of fiber and protein to stay full....
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bars, only 100 calories, and oh so delicious.
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    I do not know if you are like me, but I crave steak because I have low iron and that makes it even worse.. So i endulge in a nice big steak... You may be more tired because you are losing iron, so maybe try this for dinner OR FISH... both are delicious..
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    I crave fried food. so im pretty much screwed. lol
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    buy a box of any of the weight watchers treats. especially the frozen ones! they are AMAZING! and low in cals too!
  • CKMama81
    CKMama81 Posts: 50
    I do believe Nabisco has a 100 calorie package of chocolate covered pretzels! Get the sweet and salty craving covered in one package!
  • abillings9
    abillings9 Posts: 165
    I am having a hard time this week too. I always do during this time of the month. My cravings are uncontrollable. Today has been a good day so far though. Unlike yesterday and the day before. :(
  • sdickman
    sdickman Posts: 25 Member
    @!!!!
  • hostel1
    hostel1 Posts: 1 Member
    Vitatops or Vitabrownies have been saving me for those cravings by Vitalicious and you also get half of your daily vitamins in one and they are a 100 calories
This discussion has been closed.