zumba anyone?

Options
Whats your thouhts on Zumba workouts? I have seen them doing Zumba at the gym but have never done it.
Does it give you a good workout? I have been using the treadmill, elliptical, and stationary bike and also doing some strength trainging, but
now I am looking for something to mix it up a little...lol
:laugh:

Replies

• TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    LOVE it! it burns a ton of cals & is a lot of fun :o)
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I just tried it for the first time last week! It was a lot of fun and YES it's a good workout! My face was beet red afterward, I didn't even realize how hard i was going!
  • CaptSteph502
    Options
    I can't dance, but I love to do it. A group of us have done a few Zumba classes, and we love them! It's a constant cardio workout, and it's a BLAST! I liked it so much I bought the Wii game..I say give it a try..the class goes by really fast and at the very, very least, you'll get a great cardio workout! Good luck..:)
  • carcar03
    carcar03 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    LOVE it. I do zumba 2 times a week and enjoy every second! It's great a workout and it's amazing for my abs, arms and butt. Definately try it and you'll love it! It's great cardio and a lot more entertaining than the treadmill and elliptical!
  • aroling25
    aroling25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a wonderful workout if you have a good instructor. I figure in 45mins I burn about 425, which is more than my 220 on the treadmill for 40mins. Today I just bought the Zumba party for the wii, hoping to love it as much as I love my class at the y.
  • jenielee
    jenielee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Zumba is about the most fun you can have while working out! Burns a bunch of calories and you don't even really realize you're exercising. A close friend of mine lost 40lbs last year doing zumba. She didn't diet AT ALL, ate normally but did zumba 4 times a week.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    How would you put it in your cardio exercise on MFP? Calories?
  • reneeswartz
    Options
    I love it, I do it 5 days a week and on average burn about 800 calories per class. I wear a HRM to confirm that for myself. But the workouts rock and for me are way better than just doing tredmill workouts. I balence it with kickboxing for toning. I've lost 17 pounds since january so it's working, and nothing else has for me. I love zumba and tink everyone should try it!
  • paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    love it, love it!! 45 min of class and i burn around 800 calories plus i feel great after that!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Zumba is awesome - but depending on the routines you do, your calorie burn will vary a lot! I recommend investing in a HRM (heart rate monitor). I've been doing Zumba for 9 months, with 3 different teachers. So my burn ranges between 200-800 in 60 minutes, depending on the instructor & the routines.

You will LOVE it! Its a lot of fun & a great workout! :love:
  • reneeswartz
    Options
    I entered a new excersise for it called Zumba and it will calculate calories burned based on your weight and time spent doing it. The best way is to wear a HRM. But for a 60 minute zumba lass the average is between 600- 1000 calories.
  • reneeswartz
    Options
    I entered a new excersise for it called Zumba and it will calculate calories burned based on your weight and time spent doing it. The best way is to wear a HRM. But for a 60 minute zumba lass the average is between 600- 1000 calories.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    where could I get an HRM?
  • paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Dancing,aerobic,ballet or moder,twist - and i put the calories what my HRM said :)
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    where could I get an HRM?

Any sporting goods store, Sears, Walmart, www.amazon.com Several places sell different kinds. :flowerforyou: