UUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

luvnlyfe81
luvnlyfe81 Posts: 1
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
this weight loss thing is not working, i've gained 4 lbs since i started this two weeks ago, no my eating habits haven't changed. it seems like they've gotten worse. please somebody help me, i need to lose this weight, i'm so unhappy with myself right now.

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Make your diary public if you want feedback on what you've been eating. :wink:
  • Sometimes with dieting that happens. Your body is not used to eating better and is taken the fat from other places and replacing it. You need to be a little tougher with your exercising and cut out fat foods like certain carbs and things to that effect. You will see a difference before you know it.
  • How much cardio are you doing?
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    I wouldn't weigh myself for the first 2-4 weeks if I were you.
    Stick to your allowed calories & make sure you are eating healthy foods.
    No soda, junk, fast food, etc.
  • wwagw72
    wwagw72 Posts: 45
    Hang in there. Could be excess water, could be stress. Take a breath and think of some exercises to add that you enjoy. It will come off sooner or later. Journal what is going on and maybe something is different that you didn't think about. Good Luck!!
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    protein will help burn fat after workouts. .I'm always STARVING after workouts.

if you've never eaten regularly, your body might be in starvation mode. give your body time to realize you're not going to forget to eat and it will stop automatically storing everything. also, muscle weighs more than fat, so as you work out and build muscle, you'll gain.

don't "live" by the scale. go by inches.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    my reply to all posts like this..up your calorie intake..my progress was slow going, and i upped my cals from 1200 to 1475, and that has helped alot..it took me about 6 weeks to get from 180-170, and since i have upped my cals, it has taken about 2 weeks to get to 165..still about 2 weeks to go to get out of 160s, but it's a shorter amount of time..best of luck
  • smcarthur320
    smcarthur320 Posts: 1 Member
    Have you included exercise in your day? If so, does that exercise include weight training? It's important to know that if it does, you may not lose any weight at all, and may even gain some, during your initial weight loss start-up. THIS IS OKAY! Stick with it...throwing your hands up while your body is readjusting is doing you a great injustice! Keep eating well, keep exercising, and keep focusing on your goals.

If your eating habits have gotten worse, then remember how you're feeling right now when you decide to eat something that you know is outside of your healthy eating plan. Weight loss isn't easy...but it IS rewarding.

Good luck to you!
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Don't give up :) If you need food ideas look at other people's diaries. I plan my meals week by week -- and eat the same thing all week. But I pick what i like to eat (NO CELERY!!! lol). Other people are able to fix/choose amazing things day to day. Find someone close to you (either in distance or goals) that you can check in with frequently. Maybe a walking buddy or something? :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.