Need some idea's !

Options
I have been doing really well on my diet and exercise plan the past few weeks . I have lost 17 lbs so far ! Well here is my issue this past weekend I hurt my middle toe on my right foot , It's jammed with a contusion , And besides being on two diffrent pain meds , I can't walk on it very good ! Im freaking out because i have gained back almost 4 lbs and it hurts to do anything ! My question to everyone would be , What exercise's can i do while not on my feet that will help me stay motivated and keep me moving around with out hurting myself untill i can heal properly . Any idea's would be greatly apreciated !

Replies

• astronima
    astronima Posts: 35
    Options
    Try swimming or some water aerobics (although water aerobics may hurt it more). Swimming would give you cardio and might not put pressure on your toe since you are in the water. That sounds very painful and I wish you a speedy recovery! :flowerforyou:
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I agree with the swimming. Maybe rowing machine? Upper body resistance training, weights, ab/core workouts. Not sure if you could do yoga, maybe some of the moves.

I would definitely get in the water - swimming, aerobics, water walking.
  • veggeslady
    Options
    You should watch this clip and modify your work outs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VkFvFuph9E
  • Cbeth80
    Cbeth80 Posts: 49
    Options
    try pilates, it is all about your core and muscle control and most of it is done lying on your back
  • TinaHall1228
    Options
    Water workout would be great but i dont have the resources for it ! Thank you for the advise though . Never tryed pilates , might have to look into it
  • justjess575
    justjess575 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I heard that shadow boxing (just punching the air) is really good to get your heart rate going. Just sit and pretend you are boxing. I think I say it on Biggest Loser earlier this season. Hope you get feeling better.