Exhausted after workout?

Options
Exercise is supposed to give you energy right? Then why do I feel exhausted after I workout and I crash and just want to sleep??

Replies

• datzman
    datzman Posts: 2
    Options
    what kind of exercise r u doin?
  • fitmommy4life
    Options
    I use the elliptical and I do strength/cardio DVD's such as Slim in 6 and biggest loser and also pilates.
  • mandiex0
    mandiex0 Posts: 174
    Options
    i feel the EXACT same way. after i get home from school i go to curves. 30min exercise program, once i get in the car im like.. ughh now i have to go home and do 30day shred. its not that im tired, im just EXHAUSTED. after jillian, its shower time, homework time, dinner time, and BED. i go out like a lightbulb lol!
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Make sure you hydrate before, during and after your workout. Also, eat something lite at least an hour before you workout..
  • janesworld
    Options
    For me, it takes a period of routinely exercising before I start to have more energy and feel better... if I do it sporadically, or miss a few days, I feel like I'm back to square one of feeling tired & exhausted! So, I think it's pretty normal. That, or you could have just been too tired to begin with :smile:
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When do you work out? I try to fit it in first thing in the morning and feel pretty energized for the rest of the day.
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, but are you energized RIGHT AFTER and DURING? I feel great once I get started, but maybe an hour after I am done, then fatigue sets in. I am also energized when it gets close to my exercise time, each day. I will feel tired a couple of hours before I plan to go, but when that time of day comes, I'm ready. I exercise at about the same time every day. I'm generally happy when I start to get tired because it tells me I worked hard and I know I will get a good night sleep, otherwise, it takes me forever to get to sleep.
  • alanmonks
    alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Guys, you need to make sure that you also eat after your workout as well as drink. Your post workout meal shoudl contain alot of good quality protein to help with muscle repair, and some carbs to replenish the glycogen lost trough exercise. If your not doing this then your body is asking why? That's could be one reason why you feel so drained. If you are eating, ypou may be putting empty calories back into yourself which your body isnt getting any benefits from.