Resisting cravings :(

Options
At the moment I just have no will power what so ever!

I really don't know why, my body is making me feel like eating all the time, even if I'm not hungry I'm just craving food! It's ridiculous!

I'm having a really hard time saying no to unhealthy food as well :/

Motivational tip's would help please?

or just any ideas as to why I'm like this atm :/

I think it may be stress but I'm not sure . . . I'm not close to TOM either so it's not that :/ gah!

Replies

• jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    When I feel this way I have a nice tall glass of water and then for a 10 minute walk.

Sometimes being dehydrated can make you feel hungry.
  • ameeann
    ameeann Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think I just need to have more will power :( and distract myself!
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have those times myself. I have been drinking a health shake for the last few months that has just about cut down my cravings but I still get them on occasion.

Aside from drinking that daily exercise helps me when I am really bad. Instead of giving in - going for a walk takes my mind and body off it. If you can get up and get a quick walk in or anything that may help.
  • LRaines4
    LRaines4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I feel this way I have a nice tall glass of water and then for a 10 minute walk.

Sometimes being dehydrated can make you feel hungry.

Yes! When I'm feeling like I can eat a TON I chug a bunch of water. Then if I AM about to eat I feel full faster. Also, try having healthy snacks available and ready, like apples, carrots, broccoli etc. I mean ready to where you can just grab them out of the fridge and eat immediately, it helps a lot. May not sound as appetizing, but it will help tide you over. At this point I get most of my control by thinking about how much exercise I have already done and how that "one cookie" or "couple chips" will ruin the work I have already done...and I sure as hell don't want to do again in the same day.
  • ekbontje
    ekbontje Posts: 36
    Options
    Ahh!! Been there, done that. Got the stomach pooch to prove it. Working out helps a lot, particularly in the morning if you can. Feels like you are having a "healthy day", and makes you not want to undo your hard work. Particularly if your muscles are a little sore. If you are at school or work or somewhere you have to pay for food, leave your wallet in the car. If you are at home, do your nails so you can't hold food. Anywhere at all, chew gum or suck on hard candies/candy canes/throat lozenges/orange vitamin c's, or brush your teeth so you don't want to eat anything. If you really must have chocolate, have a rice cake for just 60 cals. If you just need to snack, do it on celery or carrot sticks.

I hope that helps! Good luck! :)
  • ameeann
    ameeann Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    aww thank you all, you're all so lovely :) Think I'm going to make sure I have snacks at hand all the time . . . I need to get back into the routine of exercise in the morning so I can have a "healthy day" hehe :D

thank you all again :):)