Too much fiber?

Options
I have a question about MFP limits. According to MFP, I'm going over on fiber. That's not a bad thing is it? I try to eat lots of fresh veggies that have high fiber so that the change in diet (BBBBIIIIIGGGGGG change!) won't upset my "natural rhythm" if you get my meaning. That's one of the problems I've had in the past. So far, so good...but now it's telling me that I'm going over. Should I cut some fiber out or adjust my fiber? Thanks!

Replies

• sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Go over on your fiber every day. I think instead of looking at what MFP says as a limit, look at it as a minimum goal.
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I didnt understand this either. Dr. Oz says we should get at least 24 grams of fiber a day. I need more then that...LOL!!!! So, why is there a limit?
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I go over on fiber every day, it's the only thing I always go over on.
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    fiber is only counter active if you don't drink enough water.. otherwise if it is coming from natural sources I wouldn't worry about it :)
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    Agreed with previous poster. You should look at your fiber goal as a MINIMUM, not a limit. MFP also sets the fiber too low for most of us anyways. Women should get a minimum of 25 grams per day.
  • nanaBeth55
    Options
    Thanks! I thought I was right but I wanted to be sure! I am trying to get lots of fiber - if nothing else, helps the growly stomach!! LOL I hate being hungry! :) Fiber helps.