Stuck

Options
I wanted to lose 10 pounds.
For two months I diligently entered all the exercise I did and all the food I ate.
For the first month, I lost 5 pounds. Then, I could lose no more.
In reading a few posts I gathered that the only way to continue to lose would be to either exercise more, which I am at max right now, or not eat my calorie credits from exercises, which honestly I don't think it's a good idea.

I have stopped it all for over 2 weeks now because I just didn't see the point. Maybe my body wants to be 5 pounds heavier than I wanted to be and I am inclined to just let it be. Yet, I feel quite disappointed because I am quite sure that if I just let it go I will go right back to where I was. Losing 5 pounds did make a difference.

Does anyone have any insights? Any suggestion of what I could do to lose the rest of the weight?

Replies

• dsweise
    dsweise Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Boy I wish I were where you are now, but I have a ways to go to get there. One thing I hav enoticed, though is that if I get stuck for a week or two, I have to look at the types of calories I'm consuming. For me personally I have to really limit the amount of carbs. For some reason my body loves to just turn the carbs right into fat to store it for a "rainy day" and it doesn't like to let them go.

I hope this might help or at least give you something to look at.
  • NuclearGirl
    Options
    Did you take your measurements? Are your clothes feeling different? It may be that if you are maxxing out on exercise that you have really toned up - so replacing fat with muscle??
    I'd just stick with a good diet with exercise and be content in the knowledge that you are a fitter, healthier & happy person :flowerforyou:
  • kathieh1
    kathieh1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like it's necessary to eat more calories just because you exercise.. for example if you're eating 1200 for weight loss goals.. and then add 250 calories worth of exercise, you don't have to increase the food.. That's just my opinion, but I'm curious what others think. I don't change my eating at all due to exercise.. just consider the exercise calories to be a weight loss bonus - unless I feel weak or something.
  • Icbarr
    Icbarr Posts: 6
    Options
    It's interesting you brought this up because everything I always heard is that if you exercise, you need to replace things that you lose in the process. I have also heard many times that a 1200calorie/day diet is not healthy. I personally think that 1200 calories a day is not enough to get me going, but then again I most certainly could be eating the wrong kinds of foods.

I am afraid that I am coming to the realization that healthy eating simply doesn't scale in the society that we live in currently. It takes a major effort to prepare your daily meals and an enormous will to avoid sinful foods that are everywhere. Perhaps I need to re-evaluate my priorities and find a place where I can stay comfortably at. Perhaps stressing over losing 10 pounds is ridiculous. Thanks for the answers folks. It's great to have someone hear me vent my frustrations, as unfounded as they may be.