P90x and skipping days

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
I just started round 2 of p90x yesterday. This round is a hybrid with turbofire. I also worked a doubleshift yesterday which means no workout today. Im wondering should I resume tomorrow with the cardio I would have done today, or with the strength training that I would have been scheduled for had I not worked over?

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I normally don't like skipping over routines, so I'll generally double up with what I missed out on, then do the scheduled one to catch up. But since you're doing a hybrid, I have no idea...
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 5th week of P90X. I skip all the time due to my schedule.

I start back with whatever was supposed to be my next workout.

I don't know if that is the "right" thing to do, but it seems to have worked so far for me.
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    I have been known to do doubles (like today) when I skip a day, but the other thing that I do is rotate days off. I complete everything the same way that I normally would, but move my day off to a day when I know I won't have time to work out.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I just pick up with wherever I left off, unless it is a rest/yoga day of course. Since the day you missed was cardio, maybe just double it up like other suggested. I guess it depends on how much time you have. Personally I would just do the cardio and continue on from there.
  • 3aBadkids
    3aBadkids Posts: 78
    Options
    hello...

when i skip a day, i would do a double the next day (with the workout missed plus the scheduled workout that day). i'm almost finished with round 1 of p90x and will be starting p90x/turbo fire right away. how did you come up the hybrid schedule? btw, sending you a friend request... :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Just pick up where you left off.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    hello...

when i skip a day, i would do a double the next day (with the workout missed plus the scheduled workout that day). i'm almost finished with round 1 of p90x and will be starting p90x/turbo fire right away. how did you come up the hybrid schedule? btw, sending you a friend request... :)

I found the schedule on the beachbody site, with all the p90x worksheets
  • SweetCharity
    Options
    There's no right or wrong to this. Do what you feel works best for you. If I have to skip - sometimes I double up, sometimes there's no time. It depends on how your schedule is set up. Some people don't want their days moved around. Can you take it as your rest day and just skip your scheduled rest? You can pick up where you left off if your lifting doesn't have to be on a specific day. If you do need your cardio/lifting routines to be specific to the day - just do your scheduled workout for the day. It's all up to you!