3wks new gained weight & feelin blue!

Options
Hi, I Have been so excited about this app it has really helped me get started on the road to recovery. That is how I need to look at this journey I have embarked on. I have been eating so unhealthy since my Mom died and feeling sorry for myself and my poor health. But I need to look inside and find the strength. I had been losing weight but this week I am sad because I gained a pound. I know it is stupid to feel that way, but what I know in my head doesn't always match up with my feelings.

Hoping for friends to give me a pep talk and support during this process that right now isn't really feeling attainable.

Replies

• VialOfDreams
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.

I am not going to give you a pep-talk, because you have realized that you need to make a change, and that is really the most important part in this. Take each day one step at a time, and don't beat yourself over 1 lb. Weigh yourself tomorrow morning, and you'll see it'll be gone.

Be strong, and make healthy choices. You owe it to yourself, and it will make you feel much better. If you need anything, message me.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hey! Do not be upset. It could have been muscle weight, water weight or something else. I worked out for 3 weeks straight and ate healthy before I LOST 1 LBS. I almost gave up but now I have lost 11 and never have felt better. It just takes time. Make sure you weight yourself before you eat.
    Feel free to add me!
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having a hard time lately but don't give up. You are going to have weeks where you gain, and I know it's disappointing so early into your journey, but sometimes that's the way it goes.

Just remember we're all here for you. Feel free to reach out to us whenever you need! Best of luck to you.
  • paolathorpe
    paolathorpe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up...I try no to go by the scale, I have a pair of shorts that I'm going to fit into by the summer and, I try them on every week, that's how I judge my progress..hope this helps...plus muscle weighs more then fat so don't get discuraged ;)

Add me If you like :)
  • tornberg1
    tornberg1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank u so much. I appreciate your response. May I add you as a friend?
  • tornberg1
    Options
    How do I add a friend?
  • regi1
    regi1 Posts: 28
    Options
    Something that I found that helps me is it is not always about the scale but the fit of your clothes. I have found that the scale has not budged my my clothes have gotten looser. Your off to a great start don't let it beat you.
  • tornberg1
    Options
    That's true I can pull my pants on and off without unbuttoning and unzipping my pants. It just hard when you get on that scale and the numbers go up and not down.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's time for new pants.
    That is my litmus test.
    When I can pull down my pants when they are zipped & button I go to a discount store and and 3pair in a smaller size.
    (I don't want to spend too much on something I won't be wearing that long LOL)

I like have wearing something that fits snuggly, not too tight, not uncomfortable, but snug enough that if I over eat I'll feel it push back. a little biofeedback to keep me in check.

Keep at it slow and steady and you'll get there. Don't let a set back derail you.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Dont forget TOM can add weight too, so that could be a possibility?
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Let yourself grieve, it is a healthy thing. Just remember MFP and look at it as doing something nice for yourself. You deserve it.