needing some motivation in IL!

I am new here, i have started eating better and am actually having success in losing weight!! i have neeeever been able to lose weight before ever! and this site rocks! that being said i am doing this alone, my hubby isn't really into doing it with me and nobody in my fam is into it either so i really dont have anyone to help me and keep me motivated! i am in IL if anyone wants to chat!

Replies

• wainey48
    wainey48 Posts: 22 Member
    I am new here, i have started eating better and am actually having success in losing weight!! i have neeeever been able to lose weight before ever! and this site rocks! that being said i am doing this alone, my hubby isn't really into doing it with me and nobody in my fam is into it either so i really dont have anyone to help me and keep me motivated! i am in IL if anyone wants to chat!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    wainey we are all here for you. You can do this. When you start seeing the results and feeling the results of your hard work. Your family may just have a change of heart:bigsmile:

I am pretty sure I have seen others from IL. I am in Oregon but we are all here to support each other. Best of luck meeting your goals.

:flowerforyou:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    I also don't have much support either from my hubby. This site helps a lot figuring out exactly what you should be eating and how much. Whenever I feel discouraged I log on and read about all of the success stories on here and it helps. I joined on dec 6th and am still going strong I am going to lose this weight. you will find many great tips on here. I cook healthier for myself than I do for my hubby and I found it not to be too much trouble. Just figure out what works for you. If you need any ideas you can email me
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    I don't get much support from my DH either...he is one of thos people who needs to gain weight.....if he gets any smaller he will need to go to the "boys" dept.....n joke. Anyway we are here for you and eachother...so rock on....:bigsmile:

dd
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Hi Wainey48,

I am from IL as well, in Grayslake (Near Great America).

I started a month ago and I started alone as well. Just recently my husband said it was motivating him to lose weight seeing me do it.

You will inspire others around you as you go through this process with out even saying a thing to them.

I will send you a friends request and I am here to chat anytime you need support.

I think this site is awesome as well. I am losing a very healthy way that I never expected to do.

Talk to you soon,

Connie Lynn
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    I am doing this on my own too but that is fine. Getting and staying healthy can be YOUR hobby. Sounds funny but it really can be fun if you realize how fortunate we all are to have the gift of life.
    Now is your time to shine! :flowerforyou:

Namaste
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    You'll find lots of motivation here, I did! My hubby isn't doing it with me he's mostly just watching in fascination.:happy: He has an insane metabolism.
  • I'm doing this on my own as well....I decided I needed a change but never had the push until my Grandfather past away just recently. I have very little support but still it's better then nothing at all. A guy friend of mine told me not to loose my *kitten*! I was like you had better kiss it now and say good bye :tongue: hahaha! anyway we are all here for you. This site does rock because I've never kept up with something like this before and I must admit that it's very helpful. :bigsmile:
  • kckat96
    kckat96 Posts: 72
    :smile: I'm here for you also. My support from my family is.....if I say I'm trying to loose weight, Dad brings home cakes, Stepmom bakes brownes and between the two of them they temp me with just about every food I ever loved. Before this time, I always gave in:sad: but this time I have just thanked them for their support :flowerforyou: (even if it was the wrong kind) left the "bad" :grumble: food alone and started cooking for myself...they don't really like what I cook so I eat alone. Even though I could live on my own....I live at Dad's to help him and my stepmom. This site and the others members here are my support system and I thank each one of them every minute for their wonder support. Together we can do anything .... :heart: that I could not do alone. Hugs from kckat96
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    I am in Illinois! What part are you in? I just started a few weeks ago trying to lose weight and just found this board a few days ago. I'm already making friends it seems like a really great place to be! Even though your hubby and family aren't into losing weight can they at least be supportive of you? Does your hubby make his own food sometimes?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I don't get much support from my DH either...he is one of thos people who needs to gain weight.....if he gets any smaller he will need to go to the "boys" dept.....n joke. Anyway we are here for you and eachother...so rock on....:bigsmile:

dd

Hehehe my husband is a very skinny guy too. Just not fair :huh:

I keep telling him we need to trade bodies for a week or so and he can get my body slimmed down.

He thinks I am a bit wierd but I think its a great solution.
  • theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    :smile: I'm here for you also. My support from my family is.....if I say I'm trying to loose weight, Dad brings home cakes, Stepmom bakes brownes and between the two of them they temp me with just about every food I ever loved. Before this time, I always gave in:sad: but this time I have just thanked them for their support :flowerforyou: (even if it was the wrong kind) left the "bad" :grumble: food alone and started cooking for myself...they don't really like what I cook so I eat alone. Even though I could live on my own....I live at Dad's to help him and my stepmom. This site and the others members here are my support system and I thank each one of them every minute for their wonder support. Together we can do anything .... :heart: that I could not do alone. Hugs from kckat96

my mom does the same thing! she is the best cook (so is everyones mom right) she makes these cinnamon twists that just... they are sinful.

but i know the key... i just dont tell anyone about my goals. that way they dont feel the need to tempt me into failure or monitor me.

i hate that.

good luck!!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Welcome..Positive thoughts and you have a ton of support here:drinker:
  • wainey48
    wainey48 Posts: 22 Member
    thanks everyone!
  • :grumble: it's funny i get to this topic just as my husband says"you shopped yesterday and there's no food!" he means there's no cookies,poptarts, suzyq's,bacon,etc. he has diabetes and shouldn't have it anyway not to mention the 5way bipass and 6 stents in his heart! the thing is, in the last 2 yrs,he's lost 75lbs and continues to loose.in the last 10 yrs, i've gained almost that and can't seem to get the loosing part going. i know what you mean about support being a little lacking and the motivation being sorely needed!!!!!!