Please help anyone?

Options
Hey guys im 21 and i have 2 kids which is were i gained my extra weight i only want to lose 40lbs and im on a 1200 cal diet i started a few days ago i cant excerise because i have a very rare inner ear disorder from giving birth so im constantly dizzy and im looking at my next surgery to get it fixed but until then does anyone have any good food and snack ideas or has went on a 1200 cal diet with no excerise and did it work? also if anyone has good snacks or food ideas like recipes id love to hear them as long as they arent sea food lol

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, nuts, fruits and veggies are great fillers. It is possible to lose weight without exercising, but eventually your body will get used to the number of calories you're consuming. Hopefully by then you'll be able to walk or do some light exercising. Good luck to you!
  • MomOfMikeAndLiam
    Options
    YOU MUST use HungryGirl.com. It has been my savior.
  • Nichole90
    Nichole90 Posts: 118
    Options
    thanks!
  • dancinblonde0099
    dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Stay away from the packaged foods. Drink lots of water and watch your sodium. If you want something sweet and low cal try some sugar free pudding. I try to eat atleast 1200 calories but I also exercise so I don't know much about it. I'm sure it will be hard at first but you will get use to it. Good luck!
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    90% of weight loss is what you put in your mouth. As long as you are eating a balanced diet, drink lots of water, and not eating alot of sugar...the pounds should melt away.

I would also look into some alternative fitness ideas: could you sit on stationary bike, or lift some free weights while sitting in a chair?
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    fruit smoothies are great and low in calories....every morning i use 1 1/2 cups of fruit (any fruit you like) about 4 tbsps of fat free yogurt and water -- it's under 200 calories and quite filling. I totally give credit to my magic bullet for helping me lose weight! good luck with your journey!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Welcome! That inner ear problem sounds very unpleasant. Ouch!

If you want to lose about 40 pounds, I'd go back and reset your goals for a 1lb per week weight loss. That will give you another hundred calories or more to play with. If you try to go for the more aggressive 2lb per week, you'll probably lose muscle, which you don't want to do.

You can lose weight without exercise, yes. That's how MFP calculates your goals. Losing weight is much more about what you eat than how much you exercise.

I find the MFP protein goals to be way too low and the carb goals to be way to high. As a mom of young kids, you have to be fairly active, so I'd aim for at least .5 grams of protein per day per pound of bodyweight. This helps to preserve your muscle as well as making you feel fuller on fewer calories. So work on getting protein into every meal and every snack.

It's a good idea to take some measurements now (you can log them on your check-in page) so you can track progess that way in addition to weekly weigh-ins. Measurements often are still going down even when that evil scale seems stuck.

As you poke around the forums, add some friends. They'll be your biggest cheerleaders and you can also usually look at their diaries to get meal and snack ideas.
  • Nichole90
    Options
  • khogue39
    khogue39 Posts: 3
    Options
    Have you thought about doing Yoga? It is a good workout and still relaxing. I just started doing the HCG Diet and I have lost 10 lbs in 10 days. If you want info on it, I can send you a link.
    Good luck to you!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!i`ve been on a 1200 calorie diet for awhile.had some knee problems couldn`t exercise.recovering from knee surgery now.Dr says diet is the biggy and ex is a bonus.
    good luck! YOU CAN DO IT!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Nichole90
    Options
    thanks for the support
  • CodyAnne
    CodyAnne Posts: 20
    Options
    You might also want to increase that calorie goal... see a nutritionist if you can. I had set my goals to 1300 a day and I have about 60 to lose. She said that I should be eating 1600-1800 calories a day & getting at least 30 minutes of exercise in per day, too. Good luck!