Sciatic nerve pain in hip after the last few workouts. anyon

Options
I've always had problems with my tail bone and hips, but I've worked through the pain......and I'm not normally one to complain, but I've never felt anything like this before...i seem to be ok during my workouts, but after i get this nagging pain between my hip and my *kitten* just like a throbbing pinched nerve but only in the last 2 weeks.......I don't find my workouts to be that high impact but does anyone else have this problem and maybe know how to work around it ?

Replies

• hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    you may have a disc in your back that is herniated..I am going through this at the present time..you may want to have it checked out:)
    Good Luck
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    been there done that, it is the worst. At times i flet like cutting my leg off :(
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Try ibuprofen for a few days, and put heat on it a couple of times a day for the same. If that doesn't help, you should have it checked out - it could be a herniation or degenerative disc. Sometimes, I have this problem, but heat and ibuprofen always help me after a few days,
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    This happens to me a lot. My trainer had me purchase a foam roller. You have to basically sit on the roller and move around till you find the adhesions. It hurts but is very effective.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Do you have a foam roller? If not get one and roll that sucker out, it will hurt but it will help... also a baseball. I know you probably just cringed but you can roll out the kinks on it... google "piraformis." This muscle may be your issue or as someone said you may have a herniated disc... I'd go to the doc and find out the cause so that you can treat it better.. good luck!

~Leash :heart:
  • Rikkijean
    Rikkijean Posts: 21
    Options
    thanks for the help and ideas, since i've always had back and hip trouble, it may just be a symptom to an underlying problem that perhaps i aggravated with all the exercise :frown: ......so I will take the good advice and get it checked out :wink: ....i've never heard of this foam roller though maybe i'll have to look into that too..........thanks again and good luck to you all aswell :smooched:
  • sclarkmccarthy
    Options
    My wife has been going through this recently. Her pain was pretty debilitating though, not sure what yours is. Her's has turned out to be inflamation of her Sacroiliac Joint. They put her on Anti-inflamatories, and was told to try and keep heat on it. This pain is often confused with Sciatic pain as well.

Here's some info we found when looking it up: http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/back/buttocks/sacroiliac.htm

Best advice as already given is to go see your doctor.