12 WEEKS IN...AWESOME RESULTS!!!

Options
Missevanston
Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
It has been 12 Weeks since I made some serious changes to my lifestyle. Who could believe that it could take me almost 48 years to learn/understand such a simple concept; Calories In, Calories Out. I confess that until 12 weeks ago, I did not *Get* that.

Who among us has not tried over and over agin to get a grip on our 'diet' and exercise plan? In all the years and all the 'diets', not once did it occur to me that calories matter, neither how many I ate, or for that matter how many I burned. A novel concept, I know.

Along with my sincere desire to be able to look in the mirror and like what I saw, I knew that I was getting to the point where... well, I was obese. I know that the dreaded, sinking feeling of needing to do something and the actual DOING SOMETHING is tough to face and hard to actually do. However, I also know a few other things now; like how important breakfast is; like how important it is to drink LOTS of water; how bad sodium is for me; how it can be actually FUN & EASY to transform myself into the physically strong, sexy lady that I have really always been. I don't mean to misinform. I don't want to suggest that I have not WORKED extremely HARD, I have. I have been dedicated and diligent and persistant even when extremely frustrated, but I am WINNING!

For me, MFP has been the absolute best tool, EVER!! HERE, strangers are my friends. They wish me good luck, they wish me good night, they cheer for me everyday in so many ways. They have pushed me when I needed pushing. The people in my circle of 'Friends', really are my friends. How fun is that? To have friends from all corners of my own country, sight-unseen, not to leave out those who live half way around the world, and they all take the time to check in and check up.
WELL TODAY, I want to give you some results. Some hard-core numbers to feast your eyes on...Twelve weeks out. One day soon, I will upload a picture or three!

Jan 13, 2011 March 25, 2011
Neck 15 Neck 14
Upper Arm L&R 16 Upper Arm L&R 14.75
Forearm L&R 11 Forearm L&R 10.50
Chest 47.25 42.75
Waist 44.5 40.5
Abdomen 50.75 43.25
Hips 45 38
Upper Leg Upper Leg
L27.5 R27 L25.5 R 25
Calf Calf
16.75, 17 16, 16.5

Total Total
344.5 Inches 312

Other fun facts:
I have lost 32.5 inches!!

When I started I was 39.7% FAT. Now, I am down to 34.9%

I am *THIS* Close to being Overweight, instead of Obese!

When I started my BMI was 35.3. Now, it is 30.4! Literally, I am on the line between Overweight and Obese...just gimme a week!

I HAVE LOST 27 POUNDS!!!!!

Thanks to all my friends here on MFP! I could not have done this with out your constant support!

One pound 'til I meet my March goal! Ten Pounds 'til I am half way to my Goal.

Replies

• kscutie
    kscutie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! what a huge accomplishment in such a short time. keep it up :)
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    WOW that is AWESOME!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB! And thanks for the inspiration.

I remember the day I crossed the border between "obese" and just simply "overweight" -- it is truly a celebration!
  • frugal2
    frugal2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's really exciting news! Thanks for taking the time to share your results. Very inspirational!
  • reikimastertchr
    Options
    Can DEFINATELY relate!!! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!!

5768506.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • lot013
    lot013 Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the info. You are an inspiration to all of us..and I'm glad we are MFP friends now! Keep up the great work...you give us all hope!
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Your are doing a marvelous job!! Keep it going!! :smile:
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    That is SO great!!! Congrats and keep up the good work!:smile:
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    All your hard work is paying off!
  • victoriashea
    Options
    You are inspiring and encouraging and an excellent writer! Keep up the AMAZING work.
  • DianaCorrea59
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's really awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck I know you could do it.
    I myself have started once again, but this time I know I will get to my goal. At the beginning of the year
    I weighted 266 and now I weigh 242, but it's coming off too slow so I signed up again on MFP and now
    I'll keep track of everything and hopefully make some new friends to root me on as well.

Keep up the good work I'm proud of you.
  • nomayyy
    nomayyy Posts: 28
    Options
    Congratulations!! :) keep onnn going!
  • evanstonmom
    Options
    Awesome job!!! It's been fun sharing this process with you!
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Those are some amazing numbers! Keep it up :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!