hello all from illinois

Options
hi i am a 47 year old male who needs to lose the extra weight for my health.i have been on kidney dialysis since march of 2008,i take medicine for type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.when i started on dialysis i was 358lbs.now i am 261lbs and feel alot better.i wan't to get down to 190lbs.

Replies

• kap61
    kap61 Posts: 3
    Options
    hi i am a 47 year old male who needs to lose the extra weight for my health.i have been on kidney dialysis since march of 2008,i take medicine for type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.when i started on dialysis i was 358lbs.now i am 261lbs and feel alot better.i wan't to get down to 190lbs.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    HI Cap, and welcome to the best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.
  • aliciavasq
    Options
    Good for you sounds like youre doing great, keep up the good work and keep checking the message boards I just started on here myself and it sounds like there are a lot of supportive people on here, I hope you can get off of some of those medications. I watch biggest loser every tues. night just to watch what the trainers make the contestants to and try to work it in to my workout. :flowerforyou:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • kap61
    kap61 Posts: 3
    Options
    thank you
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

I am so happy to see you here at MFP!! Congratulations to you on your weight loss so far. You've accomplished so much already. With MFP's food diary, you'll be able to really keep a close eye on all the food you take in, not to mention your sugar intake along with your sodium, and that can prove to be very helpful to you. Good luck to you! - Marianne
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    00020121.gif