Does all day "walking" count as exercise???

Options
I will be spending next weekend at Disneylnd and was wondering if walking around in the park would count as exercise at all.

Replies

• dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I will be spending next weekend at Disneylnd and was wondering if walking around in the park would count as exercise at all.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I would say it does. It may not be strenouos or even cardio but it is certainly exercise. As long as you are moving your body you are exercising. Thats my point of view anyway lol.

Enjoy Disneyland.
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Your body will hurt the next day - it's exercising! You can enter leisurely walking on the exercise tracker to give you an idea of how much you will burn - you know, to let you know what snacks and meals will work into your calorie projections for the day. Have FUN!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • BigCity
    Options
    buy a pedometer and log your steps you should do 10,000 steps per day. I am a personal trainer and check this site for my clients. Keep up the good work! Diane
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    No...just kidding. We just got back from disneyland and put on a minimum of 30,000 steps on the pedometer. It counts and "general walking", because it is typically slow paced. I relaxed and ate as well as you can at disneyland and actually lost 2 lbs on vacation.

Have fun....ride space mountain for my kids!
  • amandastamey
    amandastamey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh I am so jelous! I love disney! I really enjoyed universal studios as well, you should go there sometime! I would say you could count the walking as excercise especially since its possible you could get blisters or bruises. I did, needless to say, I wore a pair of flip flops all day and I was in some kinda pain, let me tell ya!:sad: :bigsmile:
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I would say it counts as some exercise, not cardio or anything like that but exercise for sure. Have fun in disney land by the way, I am so jealous.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Definitely, if you got on a treadmill and walked, you would count it, right?!? And if you are running from ride to ride, the calorie burning will add up!
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! :heart: I'll have to look into the pedometer. Great idea.

I haven't been there in over 10 years so I am very excited to go!
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    Dino you burn calories sleeping eating , cleaning , sitting showering , all kind of things you burn calories , just not as much as a strenuous workout