Needing Motivation......

Options
I started this a few weeks ago and it has been challanging to stick with it. Life is very stressful with kids, full time job and roll of being a wife. How do I stay on task?

Replies

• cdez80421
    cdez80421 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You sound like the typical working mother, you make time for everything and everybody else but yourself!!!
    You have to make it a point to do this for you, you wouldnt hold back at work or for your family would you? Don't hold
    back on yourself!!!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    HI! I promise that is will come down. You have many many hard jobs and I remember. Just stay as focused as you can and give yourself a break. You deserve (of all people) something or some time for yourself. Hang in there and just lay it on us when you need too! That is what we are here for! Best wishes!!! Friend me if you would like!! Shelia
  • michelca
    michelca Posts: 41
    Options
    I find myself browsing the Success boards to see before and after pictures. They show me tangible results that I can believe in. I know how you feel to some extent; I've been having a bad turn of events with the end of term encroaching upon me. I forgive myself if I fall down, and am motivated by others picking themselves up. You can do it, but you have to be determinate about it.
  • LauRoxx
    LauRoxx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I like to set little rewards in the beginning to get me started (which is the hardest part).

For instance, if I'm consistent and don't falter on diet or exercise for my first five days, I treat myself to a pedicure or a new pair of flip flops (both of which I'm completely addicted to), but the catch is you can't get those rewards till you finish the goal.

And you know the really simple things like taking the stairs instead of an elevator, and parking farther away. I feel when I make the conscious decision to stick with my diet and exercise whenever I can, the confidence boost keeps the diet going.
  • keegrsmom
    keegrsmom Posts: 27
    Options
    Being a Mom, wife, and working full time is very difficult for a workout routine. For me it's a matter of making it a habit. After years of using my family and career as an excuse, I decided it was MY turn. You can fit it in. You just have to tell yourself you're going to make time for it and then fit it in to your crazy schedule. Once you do, you will enjoy your workout time it's YOUR time! Good luck!