Juicer general question

Options
Juno99
Juno99 Posts: 32 Member
So I got a Breville juicer as a white elephan gift. I always wanted a juicer so I stole this off of someone else :tongue:

The problem is I am lazy (yes, I admit it). The juicer was used once so I have to clean it when I get home and it seems like a lot of work to disemble/clean/assemble etc. Here's the thing, it's only two of us and I am not sure if my husband will drink it if I make extra. He usually doesn't like my healthy, less meat, less sodium, low calories meal that I make. So here's my question...

1. how many days do I have before I have to finish the juice? I understand the juice lose its vitamin after a while.
2. I usually freeze smoothies, will freezing it help perserve its nutrient? Or would that destroy it?
3. or do you recomen getting a magic bullet instead. :laugh:

I would really appreciate tips and comments on this. Thanks.

PS. anyone know of a good website about juicing in general?

Replies

• lesford
    lesford Posts: 8
    Options
    Nutrients in juice starts to dissipate after 15 minutes so unless you drink it right away and/or flash freeze it, you'll lose the nutritional benefits. It's not that hard to clean if you do it right away after juicing. You can even just use cold water. Just rinse and you're done. Good luck with it!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love my Vitamix machine. It is not a juicer per se, but it easily makes smoothies from frozen fruit, with ice cubes thrown in, easily grinds nuts and seeds down to fine powder. I normally am able to make a very quick breakfast with carrots, some fruit and protein powder, even almonds thrown in, add water and all blended in about 20 seconds. You do not lose any of the pulp (i.e. fiber) and cleaning takes about 10 seconds. Great also for making creamy soups and so much more. Been using one for probably 20 years now. (Also makes lovely ice cappucinos for those cravings:)
  • Juno99
    Juno99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I will start after this weekend. Thank you.
  • LYNNPETTY93
    Options
    I have a Juicer, and I do put the left over in the frige. My suggestion is to make only enough to drink at that moment and keep on pushing. I've been juicing for a year now, and I have not found any problems with my left over juices. Besides, I kinda like the nice cold drink of home made juice in the after noon. I love it, and to be truthful with you. I can't do this without it. It's number 1 in my life style change.