Seriously?!? Cooking is excerise?!?

Sherfoodie
Sherfoodie Posts: 34 Member
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
So I'm typing in my morning workout and my fingers hit the wrong keys and suddenly I'm looking at "cooking and food preperation" under excerise... SERIOUSLY???
Should I be counting "Food Prep & Cooking" as well as "cleaning" in my excerise log? I'm still fairly new to this so anyone who's been at this for a while can ya PLEASE let me know. I'm in shock here... Seriously... cooking... seriously...

Replies

• Sherfoodie
    Sherfoodie Posts: 34 Member
    So I'm typing in my morning workout and my fingers hit the wrong keys and suddenly I'm looking at "cooking and food preperation" under excerise... SERIOUSLY???
    Should I be counting "Food Prep & Cooking" as well as "cleaning" in my excerise log? I'm still fairly new to this so anyone who's been at this for a while can ya PLEASE let me know. I'm in shock here... Seriously... cooking... seriously...
  • Yes, cooking is an exercise. So are the other chores performed around the house. Even standing is an exercise. So when you don't feel like exercising go clean the house or something and kill two birds with one stone.
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    I was definitely surprised with that too. I never use the cooking as an exercise, and the only time I use the cleaning, is if I am deep cleaning (like scrubbing walls and floors or something like that) or I used it whenever I was cleaning the garage and moving a lot of boxes and stuff.
    But that's just me ; )
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    I agree w/ apaden4.
    I just add my workouts to my exercise log but if you work up a sweat cooking and doing housework, then add them.
    I've even seen brushing teeth in another websites list.
    Now that's over the top.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Your BMR is literally what you must do to live and nothing else. So, technically, any activity should count as calorie burning.

But, I just go by the level of activity in the "settings" and only add in serious working out. If you're really active in your day, then make sure that that's adjusted accordingly.

(sigh...if only teeth brushing were cardio.)
This discussion has been closed.