MFP friends

Options
I love this site and I love the support everyone gives. Do you ever wish we could meet each other? I love my "real" friends but they are not as supportive as everyone on here. I love putting in my excercise or food diary and getting all the positive encouragement. Just wondering if anyone else felt that the people on here are more supportive than the people in your life?

Replies

• kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I definitely find the people on here to be much more supportive! I think I would have met my goal a lot sooner if i would have found this website years ago!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I wish that we could meet our "friends" on here .. like a vacation when everyone is feeling good about their bodies?
  • nkteach
    nkteach Posts: 41
    Options
    I definitely find the people on here to be much more supportive! I think I would have met my goal a lot sooner if i would have found this website years ago!

Agree! Plus a common goal that we all share helps!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I think it's b/c we bare our souls and discuss the most embarrassing aspects of our weight. I have life-long friends who i would NEVER tell I wear a size 18! I was reading someone's blog and she was talking about being able to trim her toenails comfortably and I thought, "she would never feel free to share that w/ face-to-face friends." I think it's great and love all of the support I've gotten over the past few weeks since I've joined :bigsmile:
  • eandskp
    eandskp Posts: 54
    Options
    Yeah, a MFP convention or something. In an awesome location of course!
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    So true!! That would be nice.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I think MFP peeps are so friendly and supportive because they all know what you're going through because they're right there with you. My husband, God love him, can eat whatever he wants and sit on his butt all the time and not gain a pound, yet I look at a cupcake wrong and gain 5...he just doesn't get it and never will because he's never been there. Don't get me wrong...he's very supportive...but it's a different kind of support when it's coming from someone who feels your pain! Love this website and all the people it has brought in to my life!! :heart:
  • beckymike36
    beckymike36 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I very much agree with you, MFP is a whole new world it seems. The support is amazing and I enjoy supporting others!!! A convention would be great :)
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I love that it's sooo okay to talk about my weight, and what I eat here! I love this place. With others it feels like this is not an okay me. I was just thinking about all this cause I watched Dr. PHil, and there was a lady who had Gastric surgery, and now struggles with her identity. I remember losing weight, and people who use to talk to me stopped talking to me, and then those who didn't started. It was so frustrating, why does there have to be this issue, why do my relationships have to be based on my weight. I remember praying that all this wouldn't go to my head, but now I can see it would be impossible for it to, there are just so many feelings of not being good enough now. Course those feelings were there before, but this is different in a sense. I don't know if it's just triggers from high school when my group of friends were all very overweight while I was the skinny one, or what. It's just so interesting the mind stuff that goes on, when it seems it should be so simple, just lose weight and all will be great... Thats just not true, least not in my life. But I am SOOO grateful for all of you! You especially along with my niece, are so very inspiring to me!
  • ohiomom2
    ohiomom2 Posts: 13
    Options
    I just started, but I would like to invite friends (just sent my s-i-l an invite). How do you get friends who have the same goals? I am a mother, early 40s, just wanting to tone up, maybe do a 5k, and can't believe how much food I really eat (yikes!). Any suggestions?

Thanks!
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love this website and the support I get from everyone. I definitely don't get it from friends or family even though I know they care. But they don't understand how much encouragement means. I <3 everyone on here! I DO wish we could all meet! That would be so awesome!!!
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I agree! Friends and family suck when it comes to weight loss support. Sometimes I'll feel down about my eating choices or I'll need motivation so I come to this site. MFP users are the best!

In regards to getting together and meeting, there was a forum post a couple months ago regarding MFP users going on a cruise together. I thought that would be awesome. I'd totally be down for that!
  • Ponpress05
    Options
    I just started but I agree! Awesome support on MFP!!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options

Agree! Plus a common goal that we all share helps!

I agree 100%.....Love this site!!
    The people on here are very friendly & give alot of good advice......love it!!
    My friend actually told me about this site (since she has stopped logging on) thankfully I have a good group
    of "friends" on here willing to support me as I them ;)

I often think it would be great to really get to know your "friends" & actually meet them :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • elizwelshman
    Options
    <--- Agrees :happy: