Butter bean bugers

Options
I found this on another website I go on and we made them a few times they are soo Good! :happy:

1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
* 6 saltine crackers, crushed
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil

My modifications will be no egg, cheese or jalapeno pepper and I'll probably use panko bread crumbs instead of crackers.

1. In a medium bowl, mash butter beans. Mix in onion, jalapeno pepper, crushed crackers, egg, cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Divide into 4 equal parts, and shape into patties.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; use more or less oil to reach 1/4 inch in depth. Fry patties until golden, about 5 minutes on each side.

Replies

• nurse_chris
    nurse_chris Posts: 189
    Options
    did the other site have nutritional info for these.. I must say these do look interesting.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    How many calories does this end up being? I think I would nix the 1/4 veggie oil and just use spray oil
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    :smile: ***BUMP***:smile:
  • mfsjala
    mfsjala Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I just calculated the calories for the recipe - I used 2% cheddar and didn't include the oil: 163 calories, 5g of fat, 20g of carbs, and 11g of protein per patty.
  • xxtc79xx
    xxtc79xx Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks I'm making these tonight.
  • ebgbjo
    Options
    I just calculated the calories for the recipe - I used 2% cheddar and didn't include the oil: 163 calories, 5g of fat, 20g of carbs, and 11g of protein per patty.

wow- that isn't bad at all, well maybe the carbs are a little high, but the calories and protein are good
  • ebgbjo
    Options
    Ok, I just made these (used only 3tbls EVOO) and had only Great Northern Means on hand, hope those are ok. Came out to 200 calories. Going to try one for lunch tomorrow, but have no idea what else I should have to go with it, besides picking the obvious choice of a salad.
  • wagner78
    wagner78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I :heart: butter beans!!!
  • ebgbjo
    Options
    Ok- eating now- definitely not worth the amount of sodium in it (I wash and drained my beans so wasn't sure how if at all it would effect sodium content of my great northern beans) but at 945mg of sodium, yeah, not worth it because it is still bland
  • xxtc79xx
    xxtc79xx Posts: 15
    Options
    Made these for dinner Monday night. Huge hit. Yummy:love:
  • Alice37
    Alice37 Posts: 29
    Options
    Bump