Exercise Factor

Options
In the past 5 days I have changed my lifestyle completely. I have not cheated and have begun to care what it is exactly that i am putting into my body.
I used to eat anything and everything mostly carbs and sugars and that explains why im 60 pounds over weight.
Everyday I am usually under by at least 250 calories aswell.

But this past week has been busy! I have only exercised very mildly and only on two occasions. I love to walk but its rather cold where i live right now.
Like i havent sat on my couch all day. I have continued going to school and work.
But i have not gone out of my way to do a hardcore workout!!!
Will barely exercising affect my weight loss even if my new diet is really NEW to my lifestyle ?

Replies

• ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've had the same struggles lately, I am doing a low carb diet and have an active job, so I'm still losing, well until I weighed myself today after a had too much fun weekend. I also get concerned about the jiggly factor, if you lose weight and don't exercise, there may be extra that you won't like. I have been trying to find inspiration to exercise, but idk where it went :(. I'm busy as well with school and work and a three year old. I honestly think it will effect your weight loss journey, exercise creates muscle and muscle burns fat.
    Good luck! If you have any tips on motivation feel free to let me know
    AShley
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You might lose weight without the exercise for a while, but eventually you will plateau if you don't start increasing your workout intensity.
  • amandaj27
    amandaj27 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am not an expert on the subject but my opinion is as long as you are moving around (even if it isn't anything intense) you are doing what you can do... and as long as you are aware of what is going into your body that is just another step in the right direction!! Something I do is even when I am stuck on my feet for 8 hours of the day is stay busy or do standing stretches or leg exercises. Look some up that will be good to do when you are at work or school or even when you are stuck in your car.... Keep up the good work with your new lifestyle change!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It is good for your body to mix it up - if you work out the same intensity every day your body gets used to it, so if you have to take it lighter for a few days it will keep your body guessing and may help you out in the long run. Good luck!