vitamins?

Options
Is there a vitamin/mineral that can help me fight off sweet cravings and better my metabolism and give me energy? The late night cravings are killing me. Thanks for any help :D

Replies

• Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Im not sure about cravings..but I currently take Activit by BeachBody that has done wonders for my metabolism. Let me know if you would like some more information about it.
  • MrsH06
    MrsH06 Posts: 159
    Options
    Thanks can you send me info please
  • johnny51981
    Options
    I'm not sure about a supplement to get rid of the sweet tooth...they might curb your appetite, but doesn't help with the sweet tooth. I always keep snack packs of either pudding or jell-o in the fridge. They give me the sweet, but not a ton of calories.
  • victoriashea
    Options
    I once had a nutritionist tell me that the only multivitamin that gets anywhere near "effective" in your system is the Alive! brand. Unfortunately they taste like grass, but hey....
    I take those, and a fish oil supplement, and an acai berry supplement. The acai berry helps with my skin, hair and nails (antioxidants) and helps curb cravings. If I need energy I take Excederin.

It's quite a cocktail, but it works for me. I haven't found a pill that can do all of that in one, so I'm interested to see what other replies you get...
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    If you are craving sweets, it might be that you have an addiction to sugar (afterall, it IS addicting). I'd try to wean yourself off of processed sugars, if you haven't already. You're just going to have to sum up some good ol' willpower for a few days. Eating fruit should also help stave off the sweet tooth a bit, but try to keep your fructose under 40 grams.

Here's a handy table so you know how much metabolic fructose different fruits have.

http://thepaleodiet.com/nutritional_tools/fruits_table.html

And sorry if this wasn't the info you wanted - as far as vitamins go, just take a multi-vitamin of some sort for your health! :flowerforyou:
  • ekuhns
    ekuhns Posts: 3
    Options
    I take Cinnamon capsules daily. It is suppose to to increase your sugar metabolism.
  • phyillies82
    phyillies82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Nutrilite Slimmertry, it's formulated with 4 all-natural herbal extracts, Green Tea – EGCG from green tea is believed to support a healthy metabolism, Yerba Mate – Used to promote a feeling of satiety (You'll be fuller alot longer). Birch Leaf – Used to make a tea, while birch sap is known in Baltic regions and northern China for tonic properties and Coleus Forskohlii – Effective at aiding fat loss. Check it out here
    http://www.amway.com/Shop/Product/Product.aspx/NUTRILITE--Slimmetry--Dietary-Supplement?itemno=107391
  • MrsH06
    Options
    Will the Acai Berry help clear up my collection?
  • MrsH06
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the advice! :heart: