What is the nicest?

Options
mandapanda001
mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
So just wondered what is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to or about you? I figured this would make us all feel all warm and fuzzy and continue our great positive attitudes...

I would have to say for me it was that someone loved my smile because it was genuine and also I have a client who has continued to thank me for helping him figure out what he wanted to do with his life when he had no clue and now he keeps me updated all the time and has thanked me all the time for taking a chance on him (for those of you who don't know I help adults with disabilities find and maintain employment-vocational rehabilitation counselor). One more I had to share was when my soon to be exhusband told me early in our relationship that I make him want to be a better man :-)

So let me know what others have said about or done for you that made you feel like you were on cloud nine!! :blushing: :flowerforyou: :love:

Replies

• heatypablo
    heatypablo Posts: 221
    Options
    I don't know if this is the nicest thing ever but it's the most recent...

A co-worker of mine stopped me in the hallway the other day and said, "I just love running into you and seeing you. You look so great and it just makes my day."

We went onto talk about the weight I've lost and how I did it, etc. She such a sweet person but I never expected that type of compliment. It made me very proud of myself.

:heart: :happy:
  • mandapanda001
    Options
    So great heatypablo! Really keeps that motivation going when people compliment you on your efforts!! Great job and keep up the awesome work :-)
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    So just wondered what is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to or about you? I figured this would make us all feel all warm and fuzzy and continue our great positive attitudes...

I would have to say for me it was that someone loved my smile because it was genuine and also I have a client who has continued to thank me for helping him figure out what he wanted to do with his life when he had no clue and now he keeps me updated all the time and has thanked me all the time for taking a chance on him (for those of you who don't know I help adults with disabilities find and maintain employment-vocational rehabilitation counselor). One more I had to share was when my soon to be exhusband told me early in our relationship that I make him want to be a better man :-)

So let me know what others have said about or done for you that made you feel like you were on cloud nine!! :blushing: :flowerforyou: :love:

You do have an amazing and warm and genuine smile. :-) You are just a wonderful & beautiful person!

The nicest thing... hmm........ Well I grew up in a very abusive household and I didn't laugh or smile to much as you can imagine. But a friend got me to visit his church when we were around 12 and we went to Sunday school together. I kind of set in the back but the teacher came over and she started joking with me and threatening to toss "snot rags" at me (she had a horrible cold). I broke out in a big goofy grin and laughed so hard. She then said "I absolutely love your smile. Your eyes shine and it lights up the whole room". I have never ever forgotten that.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options

A co-worker of mine stopped me in the hallway the other day and said, "I just love running into you and seeing you. You look so great and it just makes my day."

We went onto talk about the weight I've lost and how I did it, etc. She such a sweet person but I never expected that type of compliment. It made me very proud of myself.

You should be very proud of yourself. You are truly special and jsut a very pretty and kind lady.
  • mandapanda001
    Options
    [/quote]

You do have an amazing and warm and genuine smile. :-) You are just a wonderful & beautiful person!

The nicest thing... hmm........ Well I grew up in a very abusive household and I didn't laugh or smile to much as you can imagine. But a friend got me to visit his church when we were around 12 and we went to Sunday school together. I kind of set in the back but the teacher came over and she started joking with me and threatening to toss "snot rags" at me (she had a horrible cold). I broke out in a big goofy grin and laughed so hard. She then said "I absolutely love your smile. Your eyes shine and it lights up the whole room". I have never ever forgotten that.
    [/quote]

Thats so awesome!! I really do believe God puts people in our life for a reason!! I am just a lucky girl to have found this website and all my beautiful MFP friends!!
  • peepocheck
    peepocheck Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm a tutor and one day after helping a second grade girl understand subtraction she said" Mrs.
    , you're the best teacher in the world!" You know a child cuts you no slack, especially when it involves school work. She did me more good than I could have ever done her.:flowerforyou:
  • heatypablo
    heatypablo Posts: 221
    Options

You should be very proud of yourself. You are truly special and jsut a very pretty and kind lady.

Awww.. thanks Ed! You're pretty special yourself! :smile:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It is hard to say the exact nicest thing...it is a combination of compliments (most of which I don`t see) and the expressions of genuine care and feelings from some dear friends.
  • mandapanda001
    Options
    It is hard to say the exact nicest thing...it is a combination of compliments (most of which I don`t see) and the expressions of genuine care and feelings from some dear friends.

I had a little trouble too thinking of something Carl but I am sure everything that was said was true about you!! Good luck and take care!
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    I get loads of random compliments that i dont really pay much attention too (i dunno how to accept them to be honest) But the one that made me feel on top of the world was when my bf looked in my eyes and said that i was everything he had been searching for and i complete him.

That was years ago and now i just get ignored most the time :laugh:
  • mandapanda001
    Options
    LOL xerinx! Well thanks for responding to the post!! Keep up all the good work and just continue your beautiful spirit!! :-)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    A friend emailed me the other day about something personal, and at the end she told me "You're made of good stuff." I thought that was so cute and sincere, it made me tear up.
  • mandapanda001
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Years ago while I was living in Kansas, at one point in time I worked as a KP at Ft. Riley. The cooks always joked around with me and liked me because I never got offended. One day one of the cooks said to me, "Betty, if I wasn't already married, I'd probably marry you." I never forgot that because I thought it was just the sweetest thing anyone ever said to me. :happy:
  • mandapanda001
    Options
    That is so great and does make you feel fantastic!!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    When I was in college, I played pool with a girl who was a total fox... perfect body, long blonde hair, beautiful. One night we were shooting pool at one of the campus bars and a man bought her a drink. I said something to the effect of "Of course he did, you're so gorgeous." She goes "Are you kidding? I'd KILL to have your face." I was floored. I always admired her beauty, I had no idea she admired mine.

The most wonderful thing my husband ever said to me was "You're extraordinary." He also told me about a month ago that he doesn't mind when I spend money on other people (flowers, etc.) because he loves that I have a "huge heart."
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    One of the nicest things someone said about me was that I was an optimistic person, which I try very hard to be. I've been through some bad times but I refuse to let circumstances knock me down.

It was from my former boss who was not very optimistic actually and we were in a training with lots of people. They asked when you think of your co-workers, who's the most optimistic and she said ME. I'm glad that optimism shows even on the outside!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I like this topic...it needs more replies. :smile:
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    One more I had to share was when my soon to be exhusband told me early in our relationship that I make him want to be a better man :-
    Dude stole that from "As Good as it Gets" Jack Nicholson said it to Helen Hunt. Ive used it many times (always with success)

Nicest thing anyone ever said to me was when I was when early in our relationship my fiance had every reason in the world to leave me and she said "I forgive you" many times. Those "I forgive yous" mean more to me than anything. She just needs to learn about the forget part - Lol.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    When my Mother was dying from cancer (at home) and we were getting near the end, my Mom looked at us kids (all in our thirties) and said "I'm not worried about a thing. I know I'm in good hands." So. Much. Love. :heart: