So....

Options
Today I am forcing my students to do "diet" recipes....
Hungry Girl onion rings
Hungry Gilr butternut squash fries
Soda Cake

Am I the devil.....:devil:

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl onion rings
    Soda Cake

• eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    absolutely NOT!! I think its better that they know that alternatives are out there. I mean I grew up in a house hold where we didn't eat alot of veggies. I only recently learned how much I love tomatoes. I wish someone had been around to teach my family about healthier alternatives ....maybe I wouldn't need to be here now. lol

Good for you!! :drinker:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Onion Rings yet but I'm so going to!:flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

Oh.....soooo yummy, just make sure you really season the crumbs.
    My kids also made fry sauce....so I am not sure how that fits in to healthy.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options

What is in fry sauce?
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options

What is in fry sauce?
    I think fry sauce is a Utah, Idaho thing!!! :laugh: I have relatives in Texas and California and they have no clue what "fry sauce" is!!! Its mayo and ketchup mixed!!! I have made it wtih ff mayo, ketchup and a little bbq sauce..its way good, and not so bad on the cals!!
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am a Texan and have never heard of fry sauce.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am a Utahn and I LOVE fry sauce! Can't eat fry's without it!
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Indiana girl here and I didn't know it had a name! I love "fry sauce". I haven't had it in a long time now, but I mixed it up when I get fries here at work. Best way to eat them....
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I remember Home EC in middle school.
    I remember frying dough in oil, then use a paper bag to shake the doughnuts in powdered sugar.
    For me, that was the only food I had that day. It is a shame we cant teach this generation about good foods without apologizing for it!

There are so many recipes, we all use them. Your kids are going to learn healthy alternatives, good for you!!

Now pass the fry sauce! uh, please:blushing:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl onion rings
    Soda Cake

I think it's awesome that you have the ability to influence the kids lives like you do....the devil? NO Silly....I think you ROCK to even think of the cool idea you have to have them try out some new foods.

Sometimes it take trying something new to get past the thought that fast food is all that's out there when you're young.

I loved my home ec. classes and remember my teacher well and it's been hm...like 30 years or so ago.

I loved the sewing part, making all the cool projects ....I loved all the cool recipes then coming home to ask my dad...'hey would you like me to whip up a batch of 'creme puffs'.....ROFL

I giggle now when I think of it....the one and only time I've ever made them....but it was fun knowing I had learned how only an hour earlier and could feel I could offer my family something fun and after my home ec. classes...

I think EVERYONE should take it whenever possible.....love to see guys are more open to taking it now as well. Don't think we had one guy in ours but that's awhile back.

Good think I feel ageless otherwise 30 years might seem like a long time ago.:laugh: