Do you have Smoothie recipes?

Options
Hey everyone. I hate eating in the morning so I thought i would try smoothies. I heard about the ABS DIET smoothies. Any one know recipes for those? Or others that are yummy?

Also, are smoothies a good weightloss tool? As meal replacements? Because I don't really know.

Replies

• amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I found one I made it was strawberries bananas ice and milk

It was 12 fresh strawberries 1 banana 7 ice cubes and 1/2 cup skim milk. Mix in blender

my kids loved it I added a teaspoon of sugar also. I am sure u can use splenda
  • irelandbound
    Options
    I just 'wing it' with whatever is on hand -- my favorite though is frozen mixed berries (President's Choice brand is great, and the least expensive), with half a scoop of protein powder, non-fat yogurt (whatever kind you like), pineapple juice and for extra fibre, I throw in a teaspoon or so of ground flaxseed. Have fun experimenting! :)
  • Cleezer
    Cleezer Posts: 6
    Options
    I have a smoothie recipe that sticks with you for the morning.

1 tablespoon peanut butter
    1 banana
    1 cup of skim milk
    ice

Blend it all together and enjoy - the kiddos love it too. You can also add a bit of chocolate syrup. YUMMY!!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    wonderful!!! keep em coming!
  • liljen79
    liljen79 Posts: 20
    Options
    I use a banana, ice, skim milk and an individual yogurt in any flavour (blueberry or raspberry being the family favourite). If you are making it for more than just yourself, we add a second individual yogurt. Occasionally as a treat, we add a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    I've found that fruit smoothies made with Almond milk rather than juice or cow's milk are really tasty and lower calorie! The Almond milk is lacking some protein though, so I add a little protein powder.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    I have a smoothie recipe that sticks with you for the morning.

1 tablespoon peanut butter
    1 banana
    1 cup of skim milk
    ice

Blend it all together and enjoy - the kiddos love it too. You can also add a bit of chocolate syrup. YUMMY!!

I pretty much used this one today.
    I did nonfat yogurt
    peanut butter
    Strawberries
    skim milk
    ice
    added a scoop of protine powder
    and a scoop of flax seed

Delish!!! Might try a banana in it tomorrow.