help! i over did it!

Options
i had a weekend filled with table tennis hard playin, then a 7 hour trip back home, not enough sleep, then work all day, i was able to find just a little bit of strength to do my work out, but i must confess...i can't hardly move, i think i over did it. i feel like a tight thick mega rubber band that won't stretch, i can't even reach over for anything, it feels like i pulled almost every muscle in my body, with that said, anyone knows the quickest way to feelin great asap?? thanks in advance to all mfp ;) please respond quickly, lots of pain, and i'm not one to whine, i consider myself strong and tolerant ;)

Replies

• lnosgood
    lnosgood Posts: 92
    Options
    I take magnesium pills to help my muscles each day... also if you have access to a hot tub sit in there for 15-20 minutes. It does my muscles wonders! If you don't have access to a hot tub soak in a really hot bath or use a heating pad for a while. It helps relax your muscles and will help you relax.
  • nahhan12
    nahhan12 Posts: 79
    Options
    taking ibuprofen can help sore muscles after some intense workouts. Try that with a warm bath and a nap and you'll be set.
  • trinityj1
    trinityj1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A bath with epsom salts and/or cedar should help a lot with muscle soreness.
  • vkindrick
    vkindrick Posts: 10
    Options
    vitamin b, now try this to, Bragg apple cider vinegra, turabin spice( sorry not sure if that spell right) pinch, and cheyenne pepper, teaspoon of honey, it you want in green tea, you can also add this to plan water, the turabin spice help with all kinds of thing, I just got home from work, i find out the right spelling and get back to you
  • EmmaSeDecidio
    Options
    thanks to all :0) for your help. My jacuzzi is being filled with (tolerant) hot water and bubbles as i type, i'll take 2 naproxen, and add epson salt to my bath, starting to feel better just to know that i'll be ok in the morning, thanks again God bless you all
  • EmmaSeDecidio
    Options
    thanks, still interested
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    also drink plenty of water, simple ... but it helps immensely
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    u need an ice bath:smile:
  • mommy3x
    mommy3x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just read that a daily dose of ginger can reduce pain up to 25% (University of Georgia - The Journal of Pain) - natural source. :happy:
  • Yemaya1129
    Options
    Biofreeze works wonders for me. It's like IcyHot, but without the smell. You can find it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/BIOFREEZE-Pain-Relieving-Roll-3-Ounce/dp/B002J9HBXE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301453149&sr=8-1