Jillian Michaels DVD challenge anyone??

Options
Hi everyone!
I noticed that people put up challenges with other MFP members, and I thought I'd ask people to join a challenge with me!
I saw that there is a Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred challenge going on, but I don't own those dvds (yet).

However, I do have her Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones dvd, and I can say that they are both very intense. Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism being much more cardio based, and No More Trouble Zones having a greater focus on strength training. For those of you who have them, or any of her other workout dvds, would you be up to do her workout dvds 4 times a week for the month of April?? I don't have the time to do it everyday since I have my finals coming up, plus work, but I know for sure I could squeeze in 4 of Jillian's workouts!

Replies

• sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I will join! I finished Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred today and am hoping to start on Level 2 tomorrow (but I may end up having a rest day, just because my schedule is unusually crazy tomorrow). I have been doing the Shred consecutively with ten days on each level.

After the 30 Day Shred, I am planning on doing Ripped in 30. So I will definitely be doing a Jillian workout 4+ times a week!
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm in!

I just ordered six week six pack so I can do that one. Do we just post what days we did the dvd each week?
  • charmsangel13
    charmsangel13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred so count me in! I'm going to look into getting her other dvds too!
  • kaylah_x
    kaylah_x Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Im in! I have her 30 day shred and have just ordered the ripped in 30 one.

I've tried it once before and only kept it up for a few days...Would be interesting to see how it goes for the full 30!
  • nomayyy
    nomayyy Posts: 28
    Options
    Yay!
    Yeah I think it would be a good idea to post weekly what days we did the workouts, and which dvd and level for those doing the shred. And we can all motivate each other along the way to keep on going :)

I'll post on Monday though, since I count Monday as the first day of the week!
  • nomayyy
    nomayyy Posts: 28
    Options
    Im in! I have her 30 day shred and have just ordered the ripped in 30 one.

I've tried it once before and only kept it up for a few days...Would be interesting to see how it goes for the full 30!

I bet you're gonna see awesome results!! Jillian Michaels is gonna kick your *kitten* haha. Kick all our *kitten*!!!
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    haha i have no doubt in that!....Im thinking i better do some pilates or something before the 1st to get used to doing something....Otherwise i'm gonna die after the first day of doing the JM dvd lol
  • TheReluctantDragon
    Options
    I'm doing the Last Chance Workout DVD so I'm in!
  • futureflaka
    futureflaka Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ordered the 30 day shred, so as soon as I get it, I'm in!!! I'll post on Monday!! I know I'm going to need a lot of support and motivation through this. Jillian is HARDCORE! We can do it!!!!:bigsmile:
  • linmill11
    linmill11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. I primarily have used this site just to track my food but looking for more motivation! I have the 30 day shred which I started yesterday. I also have Banish Fat Boost Metabolism which I've only done once. I've seen a lot of people on here with great results from her videos! Hope I can stick to it!!!
  • sliceofsarah
    Options
    I did my first day of Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred. So intense! There were so many plank moves! Can't wait to master it.

And I lost 1.4 lbs while on Level 1.
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    What would you guys put in for your exercise for this? I guess its classed as cardio/strength training in one.... but there isnt even any cardio options...and i cant bloody find my pedometer thing either
  • sliceofsarah
    Options
    A lot of people log it as circuit training (at least for 30 Day Shred, I am not sure what BFBM & NMTZ are like, because I haven't done them). The circuit training estimates are fairly accurate compared to the readings I have got from my HRM. I would just log the cool down separately (or not at all) as stretching, to try to make the MFP estimation as accurate as you can sans HRM.
  • jondy
    jondy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Id love to join! Im on week 1 day 2 of get ripped in 30...im hurting but love it!
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    A lot of people log it as circuit training (at least for 30 Day Shred, I am not sure what BFBM & NMTZ are like, because I haven't done them). The circuit training estimates are fairly accurate compared to the readings I have got from my HRM. I would just log the cool down separately (or not at all) as stretching, to try to make the MFP estimation as accurate as you can sans HRM.

Oh yep cool. Thanks heaps
  • juliefears
    juliefears Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am currently doing TurboJam, but want to add some other strength training. I have the 30-day Shred video that I started before ordering TurboFire, then TurboJam and got about 5 days in before switching. I definately can tell I haven't been working the same muscles! I was just thinking about doing the 30-day challenge to see what kind of results I could get, now i've got the motivation :happy: !

-Julie
    SW: 180 lbs.1/1/11
    CW: 175 lbs. 3/29/11
    GW: 130 lbs. 10/13/11
  • linmill11
    linmill11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I despise push-ups. At least in level 1 you get them out of the way right away. I also despise that the girls in the video smile through the whole thing. I for one, am not smiling until I'm done :) L1 D2 down... 28 days to go!
  • jbqueen
    jbqueen Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have BFBM, lent my 30DS to a friend, and am expecting her new DVD by the beginning of next week. I did BFBM yesterday, and plan to do it tomorrow morning, too.
  • jondy
    jondy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    woke up this morning with every muscle hurting..it hurts to blink lol. today is day 3, week one of ripped in 30.
    Usually i do it first thing in the morning..today i waited and am actually forcing myself to do it. I know my muscles will feel better once i start. I picked up the people's style watch magazine just to motivate me..hope your all pushing play! :)
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up the 30day shred and then will be moving on to another. Not sure which one yet.