Housework calories

Options
I did a whole heap of housework today and I was surprised to see I couldn't find it on the exercise database. Was I searching wrong or is it really not there???? :noway:

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I personally don't count housework cuz it's just part of my normal routine. But if you really want to (I think I did once back in the very beginning) you can find websites online that will give you an estimated calorie burn for it and you can enter it under My Exercises.
  • vodkaswigger
    Options
    It isnt there, i looked yesterday, i suppose it could be logged as something else, im not sure what tho as im new to this, hopefully someone can give us both tips xx
  • gozdeh
    gozdeh Posts: 59
    Options
    I know what you mean about it being part of routine. But sweeping mopping would burn a whole heap of calories as you are moving furniture and really working up a sweat! Thanks for your suggestion. I will check the sites out the net. :smile:
  • gozdeh
    Options
    It isnt there, i looked yesterday, i suppose it could be logged as something else, im not sure what tho as im new to this, hopefully someone can give us both tips xx

I really hope so too! coz we are burning calories doing housework! :-)
  • ukkazzy
    ukkazzy Posts: 2
    Options
    Its listed under cleaning
  • gozdeh
    Options
    thank you kazzy! :flowerforyou:
  • gozdeh
    Options
    Found something:

Type of housework
    Calories burned per half-hour

Doing laundry
    Making the bed
    Cooking
    Washing the dishes
    Ironing
    Dusting
    Sweeping
    Vacuuming
    Scrubbing the floors
    Rearranging furniture
    Yard work
    Washing windows
    Washing the car
    Gardening
    Mowing the lawn
    Raking
    Shoveling snow
    Carrying a small child (up to 15 lbs.) up and down stairs

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_calories_burned_doing_house_work#ixzz1Hy9JtL58
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    Search for cleaning. It is there. I count it if I am doing ALOT of cleaning as my activity level is sedentary.
  • sylviablakely
    sylviablakely Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have used this website in the past - very useful.:smile:
  • sylviablakely
    sylviablakely Posts: 20 Member
    Options
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I must admit that I don't log housework as excersise as it is something that I do on a daily basis, however.....If I were to do something that was out of my daily routine eg; spring cleaning then I would log this under the cleaning department on the excersise database either, light or vigorous deepending on activity.
  • gozdeh
    Options
    Thank you sylvia and kym. :flowerforyou: