Has anyone else been here?

Options
So, a while back I wrote out a list of rules for myself. Some guidelines to keep in mind. The title of it is, "Try your best every day to:" with a list of things including loading up on fresh produce and exercise. No more weeks of lying around. Things like that.

I need to work on a new one. That one helped me get from 290+ to here (200ish) but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the next 20lbs off.

I can say that back when I ate a steady diet of fast food and layed around in my free time, that I was a blank slate. I was wet behind the ears, thinking, "Well if I try this, maybe it'll work. Let's see." Now I feel like I've tried everything and done it all, and there are no more answers for me. I've read other people's blogs about how they got from 260+ down to 150 and I don't see the answer there either.

Bottom line is, I need to figure out what it is I need to do to see 175. And I have to decide if I'm willing to put that work in or not, and commit to it. I'm sick of being all wishy washy on this.

Problem is, if someone put it in writing that if I did 6 hours of cardio a week and 3 hours of weight training per week on 1500 calories per day, I'd decide that I'm not willing to put in that much work and commit to being a size 18.

On the other hand, I do enjoy exercising, feeling strong, stretching, pushing myself physically - but I enjoy eating as well. And I know I'm not willing to completely abstain from junk food from today forward.

Has anyone else ever been stuck here, where I am, right now??

Replies

• swells123
    swells123 Posts: 17
    Options
    I myself have questioned why i would subject myself to all this when I am happily married and have an awesome little girl....what more in life do I need? I need to feel good about myself....I am not happy being the size I am and finally decided it is time for a change....I am not going to go crazy with it, I do not starve or deprive myself...You can eat whatever you want if you do it in moderation. I know I love junk food and if I feel like having something I do have it but I just record it on mfp and if somedays I go over my calories so be it. Life is too short to deprive yourself....If you are happy being you that is what it is all about....I sure hope you figure things out, only you know what is good for you.....
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations on losing 100 pounds (or darned close to it!)! That's a major accomplishment and you should be proud of that.

That said, you can't expect to do what you've always done and somehow get different results. ;)

If you opened up your food diary, we'd be able to give you better advice. But I can say that when one has a great deal of weight to lose, one can get away with some really poor food choices because simply restricting calories will result in weight loss. As you get closer to your goal and your recommended calories go down, proper eating becomes more important and there is a lot less leeway for things like junk food. Not saying you have to give it up entirely, but junk food can't be part of your daily diet if you want to lose that last 20 pounds.