Ok Friday is the day!!

Options
So i am a smoker ( waits for the tut tuts from forum)
so
It does not affect my exercise and i am fairly active.
But you know what it wasnt till i brought some today and they had risen 48p due to budget and i thought to myself you know what i dont need this anymore. I dont enjoy them is just a bad habit now.
I want to be more active and its no good losing lbs and still dying young! So i have set my date got the docs thurs for patches and stopping fri.
I am going to get a jar and save the money i would have spent on them and then as i get more active and lose more weight i will have the money for a whole new wardrobe.For me not my partner or my kids but for me me me!

I will do this and i will lose weight and be the all round healthy person i know i can be xxx

Replies

• kazzar77
    kazzar77 Posts: 17
    Options
    good for you good luck
  • ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Proud of ya!

God Bless!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of us ex smokers on MFP. I am one of them. I didn't start until I was 30 (duh!) but have now been successfully quit for a year! (this time) I have tried several different things in the past. Support and attitude are the best things! Support comes in many forms, attitude is yours. The jar is a great idea. I actually saved over $2000, by not smoking this past year. Congratulations on your decision! Know that it is hard. Arm yourself with the reasons you wish to stop and post it where you can see daily. Friend me if you would like. Congratulations again!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Good for you! My aunt was able to quit cold turkey, so I have faith in you :-)
  • dan959
    dan959 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I smoked for 32 years and like you one day had enough. That was 3 years ago and I've never looked back!!! You can be successful!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    OMG. You will be amazed how much better everything tastes!

Also, you'll be amazed at how much you used to SMELL! EVERY smoker thinks they're not the stinky one. Unfortunately, we were ALL stinky and we realize it later when around smokers.

GOOD FOR YOU! And good for your kiddos. Set a good example, mama. :)

If I could do it, you certainly can!

:flowerforyou:
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    My main worry is snacking to replace smoking

I always said i would give up when ive lost weight as its all to much to do both. Just kidding myself i think!
    I hope as it gets even easier to exercise then it will encourage me to keep with the non smoking! The better you feel the better you keep your motivation!
  • emilyrosedye
    Options
    Good for you and I wish you all the luck and support! I'm no anti smoking preacher but my dad smoked about 40 a day since his teens and its what ultimately killed him aged only 51 (it wasnt a lang drawn out illness, just a sudden massive heart attack) I've never been particularly tempted tp start but after tha happened I wouldnt touch on with a ten foot barge pole.
    Hope you can kick the habit and lead an active, healthy and above all, long life :-)
  • onesfun
    onesfun Posts: 11
    Options
    sounds like a fabulous idea. Good luck I quit 13 years ago, and I must say its mosting in your mind set. If you really wanna quit you will. If you can loose weight then you can quit smoking. Also think of the exercise you will get while shopping for new clothes. lol Good luck to you..
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Good for you! the end will justify the means! You can do this!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You can do it. Good luck! (I quit 6 years ago this April).
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I quit and it was the best thing I ever could have done...I am such a happier person now and I don't stink LOL
  • FeistyKitty808
    FeistyKitty808 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My main worry is snacking to replace smoking

It will be hard, but instead of snacking on junk, try drinking a bottle (or glass) of water every time you feel the urge to smoke. This will do several things, help clean your body of toxins (much needed because of the smoking), fill you up (reduce desire to snack) and you will replace a bad habit with a good one (A MUST). This last one is the most important to keep from over snacking when the urge hits. I too, am an ex-smoker. It can be done and you will succeed!
  • shtefie
    shtefie Posts: 32
    Options
    Best of luck!! I hope it all goes smoothly for you!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It will be 5 years smoke free for me in September. Trust me, if I can do it, ANYONE can!! I quit cold turkey...and, I will tell you, what worked for me was to keep my MIND busy. Once the first three days, the chemical withdraw is pretty much done...from there, it is ALL mental! So, what I did is every time I normally would smoke (like after a meal or when I got up or when I got stressed, whatever) I would grab a crossword puzzle. I had a ton of different ones with me at all times so if I got stuck, I would just go on to something else. It is amazing how much easier it was when I was able to just retrain my mind!!

Anyway, good luck. Keep lots of gum and mints and chew a straw for the oral fixation :)

Cheers!
  • flashy1
    flashy1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Best of luck to you. When I quit 20 yrs ago, I started "running". Couldn't even make it a block before I had to stop and walk.
    Whenever I felt the urge for a smoke I would just inhale deeply and think about how much better than smoke that nice breath of fresh air was. Eventually I got my distance up to 5 miles and actually lost weight. Another weird thing is I totally quit biting my fingernails.
  • Terri73
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies
    This site is amazing for people you dont even know supporting you and your choices. Truly awesome xxxx
  • Terri73
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies
    This site is amazing for people you dont even know supporting you and your choices. Truly awesome xxxx