putting foods into diary

Options
2»

Replies

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I enter my foods in the morning.I plan out our families meals a week in advance so i already know what I am going to be eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I add in planned snacks then too. I like being able to see how my day is going to plan out. very rarly does my plan change but if it does I just go in and make the change.

I found this actually helps me cause there is no accidental going over. i know for the day what I can and can not have and what room if any is left to wiggle.
  • judswi
    judswi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do it keeps me on track, and by the end of the day I only eat what is left on my diary for that day.
  • DebbieLaviolette
    DebbieLaviolette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I normally do because at this stage I have to know what I can\can't eat. I will start logging my workouts in advance too to make sure I'm not eating too little....never thought I'd say that ;-)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I often do so I can spread the calories out, but for example today, I am on a wine-tasting course and have to factor that into my daily needs - making it even more important to plan ahead.

I don't stick rigidly to the plan, but with the phone app it is relatively easy to change (and the copy meal function is there to make life easier).
  • sargent1976
    sargent1976 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have porridge everyday for breakfast and plan our family meals, so i add breakfast and dinner ahead. Then i know how many calories i have left for lunch and snacks. Helps keep me honest.