Breakfast Help!!

Options
Hello! I am not a big breakfast eater. I am really trying to be though, because I know how important it is. I am trying to work my way up to eating a bigger breakfast, but today all I could handle was a banana and glass of milk. Is this ok?

Replies

• bigbeth_02
    bigbeth_02 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    as long as you have something thats the important thing , just so you start your metabolism up.I HATE breakfast tobut i try to just eat cereal ,its quick and easy,right now iam eating the special k with strawberries,its so yummy!!!! :)
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    something is better than nothing hon :) i wasnt a great fan of breakfast eating either but ive been making myself eat at least something b4 i head out in the mornings
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am the same way with eating in the morning, I think as long as you eat something you are kick starting your metabolism.
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cereal. :)

Today I had peanut butter on whole wheat toast, a glass of milk and a cup of yogurt. I'd also like to get granola for my yogurt. Sometimes I'll have the toast, a banana, and milk. Or cereal and a banana. I'm not an eggs fan, so I try to make other choices. :)
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I am also not a very big breakfast person! When I started out on this site I wasn't eating breakfast at all! I also started out eating very small meals for breakfast. Now, I am eating 5-6 small meals a day, so it is OK to have a small 200-300 calorie breakfast as long as your day matches. At least that is what works for me! Many people say to have a big breakfast, but that doesn't work for everyone. Just find what works for you! Just this morning I made my own egg sandwich. One egg sunnyside up on a toasted English Muffin. That with my glass of orange juice was 255 calories! Most of my meals are about this size, but sometimes my dinner is quite a bit larger just because I am still living at home and my parents like to have box dinner sometimes and they have soooo many calories in them, and I try to eat as little as possible, but it leaves me hungry! Anyway, went off subject a little bit there. You have a good start! Many people don't even try to have breakfast. You can slowly build your way up to a slightly larger breakfast and before you know it, you'll actually be hungry and ready for breakfast!!!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The Emerald Breakfast Granola packs are good. You can get them in Smore's too! They are about 10 grams of fat per pouch, but with a non fat yogurt I find that is really a great way to start my day when I am not in a mood to really eat.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    make smoothies! I even have one that tastes like banana bread...something is better than nothing :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    The only problem with a banana and a glass of milk is that it is nearly all carbs.

See if you can get some protein in there.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Maybe get an some instant breakfast to mix with the milk. Maybe you don't have to eat something right away, maybe 1-2 hours later have something else. I never used to eat breakfast either but I worked up to it. Good luck.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Argh, Im with you. I eat in the morning during the work week as a necessity (weekends I have have to be out the door at 730am, so Im ok and have some more time to wake up then haha).

My usual routine....Force some yogurt down my throat (there are a lot of good things referencing yogurt and weight loss)...Drink some tea....Then about an hour later, I eat a banana. I break my meals into six smaller ones because it has really helped in my metabolism.
  • kelly6485
    kelly6485 Posts: 78
    Options
    Maybe get an some instant breakfast to mix with the milk. Maybe you don't have to eat something right away, maybe 1-2 hours later have something else. I never used to eat breakfast either but I worked up to it. Good luck.

1 cup of milk
    1/2 banana
    1 cup of ice (if you'd like)
    1 packet of chocolate instant breakfast

SOOOOOO good, I have them at least once a week!
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Belvita Breakfast Biscuits? They may just be available in the UK. I bought some but hadn't tried them, gave half the pack to my dad and he said they are really filling! He doesn't eat breakfast either if he can help it.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast person... I usually just do a protein shake and water, or sometimes a yogurt too.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    The only problem with a banana and a glass of milk is that it is nearly all carbs.

See if you can get some protein in there.

quite. If you struggle to eat too much for breakfast, make what you do eat protein based.
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I bring my breakfast to work and eat it around 9:30 or 10:00. I can't bring myself to do it any earlier, and this seems to work well for me.
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    I eat special k cereal, any kind and I also like yogurt. God Bless!!!
  • jleegirl
    jleegirl Posts: 44
    Options

1 cup of milk
    1/2 banana
    1 cup of ice (if you'd like)
    1 packet of chocolate instant breakfast

SOOOOOO good, I have them at least once a week!
    /quote]

That sounds really good. I've been having a slimfast shake in the mornings and it really helps me feel full. Adding some ice and bananna would make it feel like a real treat.