How in the world????

Options
I know ya'll are going to slap me around, but I usually have to step on the scale once a day (slap me:explode: ) I stepped on the scale all weekend to find 188, 189 yada yada yada...I stepped on the scale last night feeling great and yeah 189.5...This morning was 193.5 I sleep all night to wake up to that???? I'm not discouraged b/c I know for the last few days it's been down and I never record anything until Wed. It could be that I ate something more salty yesterday or didn't exercise yesterday b/c of my "rest" day, but I'm hitting the step aerobics today! I have to be 185 by NOV 13...my b-day! That's my mini goal :love:

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I know ya'll are going to slap me around, but I usually have to step on the scale once a day (slap me:explode: ) I stepped on the scale all weekend to find 188, 189 yada yada yada...I stepped on the scale last night feeling great and yeah 189.5...This morning was 193.5 I sleep all night to wake up to that???? I'm not discouraged b/c I know for the last few days it's been down and I never record anything until Wed. It could be that I ate something more salty yesterday or didn't exercise yesterday b/c of my "rest" day, but I'm hitting the step aerobics today! I have to be 185 by NOV 13...my b-day! That's my mini goal :love:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    It is discouraging, but that is just fluid.

Hang in there! It will be gone soon.

And don't worry. Not slappy here. I do it, too! Shhh! Hehe.

:flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Yep. Water. It will go away with extra water consumption.
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    Scales must die!:devil: Its a good possibility that its the salt/water weight. Keep up the good work and dont let it get you down. While in your step aerobics, just keep telling yourself "buns of steel" "buns of steel!":flowerforyou:
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Yep. Water. It will go away with extra water consumption.

Drinking water :drinker: starting right now!!! Thanks for reminding me!!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    we alllll have the problem of fluctuating weight!!!! its water or full bowels. or what ever.... but try not to weigh yourself so frequently its just discouraging!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Same with me. yesterday 144 pounds and today(official weighing in) was 146+
    I didn't log it in. With aunt flow round the corner, am gulping down the water and watching my salt, as usual.
  • Periphria
    Periphria Posts: 358
    Options
    I am crazy with my scale too. I am on the thing every day and freak if I go up. But when it comes to my official weigh-in day I usually find I have lost and all the worrying during the week was not needed.

Good luck
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE AND COMMIT TO ONLY GETTING ON IT ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS OR ONCE A MONTH.

Now, answer a few questions:

Are you staying within your calorie allotment (not too much over or under)?
    Are you eating a balanced healthy diet?
    Are you more active and working on becoming more fit?
    Are you drinking plenty of water?

If the answer to all of the above questions is yes, then congradulate yourself on a job well done and recognize that change will come slowly.