Looking for support

Options
I don't know how many Mondays have gone by that I said THIS would be the week I'd get my lifestyle under control lol.... I realized I needed to do something to make myself more accountable and stumbled across this site while looking for the WW iphone app. Not sure how this compares to WW but the fact that it's free, I thought I'd try this out first.

I just turned 40 and weigh 161 lbs. I am 5'4" but have a very small frame which makes this weight feel even worse than it sounds. I am so mad at myself that I haven't given myself enough time to get back to my 122 lbs before having to be in a bathing suit again but I've realized I have to start thinking "lifestyle" again and not about future dates I'd like to be thin by.

I may however jump start my weight loss by reducing my carbs again for certain meals. It really works for me and gets rid of my bloated feeling. Anyone else reducing carbs here?

I downloaded the iphone app and would love to add some friends there to root each on at some point or have a group recommendation to join for moral support.

Hmmmm..... now what to have for breakfast.

Carol

SW:161
GW:125
Height 5'4"

Replies

• BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you'd like. :flowerforyou:
  • Sassyblue
    Sassyblue Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome :smile:
  • cmsdives
    cmsdives Posts: 71
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Carol!

I know you will find this site awesome! The support, guidance, friendships and love I've gained from MFP has kept me coming back even though I keep falling off the wagon and tumbling to the bottom of the hill! :sad: You can do this, and you're right, it's not about a date on a calendar, but a lifestyle modification. (((hugs))) :happy:
  • Sassyblue
    Sassyblue Posts: 15
    Options
    Oatmeal is really good for you
  • teri_cmc
    teri_cmc Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 5'4" and started out about 176! (last April) I'm down to 145 and loving it! (oh and I'm 38...) For my body and my metabolism, reducing carbs has been key to loosing weight. Bread is a treat only for me because I enjoy it, but my body really doesn't need it for any nutritive reason - same thing for pasta and potatoes... So feel free to friend me - sounds like we are very similar...
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    sure add me if you like
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! This is aterrific site! I am 41, weighed 163 when i started this in January, and am 5' 5.5" tall. I am down 10 lbs with just 20 more to go, at least. I am aiming for 130lbs. Feel free to add me! The more people we have to keep us motivated, the easier it is! Also, being a motivator does wonders as well!!!!!! Good luck in your journey!! :smile:
  • my2girlies2029
    Options
    Add me too I have been doing WW for a while and have lost close to 40 pounds but lost my motivation and have gained some pounds back. I decided to try counting calories and see where ths takes me. :) Good luck in your journey and we are here to support each other.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this site! Feel free to add me as a friend.

I'd been struggling with getting back on track after maintaining through the holidays and was seriously considering rejoining WW to try out the new plan when my a friend told me about this site. It's very similar to WW where you track your food and exercise and try to stay within the limits they give you in order to reach your goal and you've got a lot of freedom to choose how you want to reach those goals. I find the message boards to be very similar to those for WW as well - lots of people asking for help/support, building teams to reach goals together and some fun stuff mixed in too.
  • Carol_123
    Carol_123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will add you all for mutual support.

I changed my username in case I've confused anyone. It used to be ct0010a, and I decided to make it more personal with my real name and the 123 is the weight I want to get back to for motivation.
  • thisgirls48
    Options
    Hi to all, I am also new here and would love to drop off 40 pounds at the nearest recycle center. I am starting at 193.4 and so far so good:smile: I have family that I walk with 4 times a week but while I am home I am the fulltime babysitter for my 3 month old granddaughter:heart: This really ties me down during the day as far as moving around and getting outside.
    Once I started tracking my intake i couldn't believe how much I was consuming, good grief! Looking forward to support and encouragement. Carol
  • wendyleffingwell
    Options
    Hello and welcome Carol. I just joined yesterday and am looking for friends, too. I also have the belly bloating thing and am trying cutting out wheat. It seems to make a big difference for me. The doc said it can take a couple weeks to really tell, but I get some relief and a little drop on the scale after just a couple of days. I still eat oatmeal, rice, potatoes, winter squash and other whole grains so I don't crave the bread or pasta. Feel free to friend me!
  • catrenacannon
    Options
    Hi There! I totally understand how you feel. I am here to support you as well. We have all been where you are, but you can do it! Stay positive!! I have only been on here a short while, but I have recieved a lot of support and its great!
  • catrenacannon
    Options
    Hi! I am new to this site and I noticed that you are the exact weight and have the exact goals as I do. I am 268 now and I want to get down to 165. What worked best for you in losing your first 30 lbs?
  • catrenacannon
    Options
    I was trying to address my last question to Carol, but if anyone could add advice that would be great!!
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    Feel free to add me as I'm also looking for a support crew too! I'm also 5'4", but at a whopping 194. Somewhere in the middle of all my fat is muscle! Let's work together and see if we can't find what lost, and lose that which we didn't want to gain in the first place!
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    You found the right place for support and motivation. It's different when you have friends that you feel accountable to when you make your foos decisions. I love this site and am also looking to form a strong support group to help on this journey....Best of Luck to you!!!